Thursday, August 19, 2010

The power of the SEG………

Huh? The hell’s he talking about?

I’ll tellya what… I’m talking about the power of (pardon my French whilst I spell out this “huh-uh, don’t write/type that” English word) the shit eatin’ grin.

Viva la SEG. I’ve (sheepishly)… no, that ain’t the right word…. Begrudgingly…. Nuh huh..
Happily, YES that’s IT.. Happily (and fortunately) lived the vast majority of my life with a “SEG”…

I get up, I go pee at work. I get up, I walk to scanner at work. I get up, I go make copies at work. I’m reminded of an email, a statement, a situation, a whatever, and I’M SORRY, but I walk with a SEG affixed.

Today. He’ll shoot me. Don’t care, I’ll wear the SEG, won’t feel so bad. Last night, our troups (the whole damn company) attended a Minor League Baseball Game. Company rented bus.. Nice… Fed us hella freebie dinner at ballpark (SEG)… gave us coupon for two free beers (SEG, SEG)…

Watched ballgame. Laughed. Watched the ‘tween innings goodies. SEG, all. Fun, the best… climbed on bus for trip back to office on bus. Sorry to say, I’m directionally challenged. I drive 35 miles South.. The ballgame was 30 miles NW… my house sits 25 miles NE.. I didn’t ride bus.

But bus was the talk of the day… FS, I would never name names… rode the bus back to work. 10:30pm-ish. FS, had a couple. Not a foul, not toooo damn many, but, enough to give him the SEG.

Bus they took (sorry I wasn’t a rider) had a pole (aka kinda like a stripper’s pole) center of the bus. FS, with SEG, hopped up enroute home.. .danced… changing music channels to find one that fit… he did.. And he danced… SEG he.. All rolled in laughter (SEG's).. … Even the 70-something CEO of our company.

FS not only had SEG on face (and all around him), his antics drew the George Washington’s outta the SEG girls that were watching’s pockets. Basta prolly made enough in that 35 mile ride home to fill his gas tank. Fun, twas. “My dad (the 70-something CEO:”) was laughing (SEG) [said one'a the owners]...

Flash forward (no, there was no actual flashing) to this morning. FS was office topic. SEG’s allover. The Minor League team we’d witnessed, won 5-1. The mascot of the Minor League team we witness was donned “Sizzle” (it’s the T-Bones, you know)…

Enroute home, 35 or 36 twists into the SEG pole dance, FS was nicknamed “Sizzle”.. Back to this morning. FS wasn’t inebriated, he was SEG lettin’ loose.

I got to work exactly 24 minutes before the bewitching 8am. Ring, Ring. Co-worker. “Vic, I just woke up, I’ll be there as quick as I can”… Kinda caused a SEG, cause I been there, done that. (In fact, Saturday, awakened to 7:57am on alarm clock.. (Oh ‘pardon my French [English] “SHIT”.. hey, alarm clock ain’t set… it’s the WEEKEND”.. followed by SEG.)

So where were we… oh yeah…….

Gal called in, running late. So I sent an email to everyone in FS’s SEG department regarding the late-comer. Rumor had it, during pole dances (fully clothed, no SEG’s here.. He was).. women within our employ, approached SEG FS and handed over [stuck in pockets] George Washingtons……..

Oh yeah… the email… so I emailed FS’s SEG department with……. “___ is running a little late… she’s looking for her daughter to borrow a few bucks for gas… seems she spent many single dollar bills last night enroute from the Ballpark back to work”… no idea what that’s all about.” As I hit send, an admitted SEG.

Ok, I’ll lay off FS. He was good sport. SEG himself mosta the day.

I love the power of the SEG. Whether it’s when you pickup the phone and hear the familiar voice on the other end you’ve shared some goofy stuff with… or, you’re simply walking down the hallway, and you’re approached opposite-wise by someone with whom you’ve shared a recent joke/tale/story with.

SEG rocks. Worked, long ago, with a very nice, albeit straight-laced lady who never understood (and thought sad) the fact that some have SEG’s pretty much all the time and quite frankly thought it was repugnent. Nomme.

I poo poo that. Life is, should be, about fun. I perhaps way too frequently walk around with an SEG on my face. Frankly Charlotte…………or is it Scarlotte.. Hell, don’t remember, either way, I don't give a damn.

If I were to die… it would absolutely ok to enscript on my tombstone “He pretty much had an SEG 24/7”… oops, forgot.. I’m doing the heat/urn thing. I do remember addressing my love of the City Park in Liberty, MO, and the many wonderful hours I spent there. It would be my evalastin’ hope, if they dumped abuncha my dust on the ballfield there… it was done with an SEG.

I can’t thinka any better entombment. Yes, the SEG’s I’ve demonstrated over the years have caused very definite “creeks”: (or wrinkles) just above the corner of my mouth (each side).. Don’t care. SEG’s rock. Thanks for being here, big SEG to you. Quoting that Sinatra dude, "I did it my way" (SEG)... love, Victurd

No comments: