Sunday, August 01, 2010

One thing I’ve noticed……..

Just when you think you have life figured out, the mother dubber throws you a curveball. So, I’m concluding from that, there’s simply no figuring life out.

Seventy miles an hour.. (Speed limit 65... Sorry, always been a pinch rebel)…. ROAD CLOSED AHEAD….. You muther dubber you. DETOUR.

Life’s about detours. Roads generally have a planned area of prohibited or reduced access, thus, ya gotta take the detour, takes a bit more time.. But ultimately you’re back up to seventy MPH…..

"Real Life"s highways ain’t gots no planned area of prohibited or reduced access, thus, it’s left up to you to figure out whereinthehell the detour is, and will I ever get back up to anything that likens 70 MPH ever again……

Which, all goes back to mama.. And her words of wisdom. “The secret to success in life is how you deal with Plan B.”

Class Reunion this weekend. Wonderful, former coach, teacher, principle there. Always always always admired the fella ‘cause he so very carefully and eloquently knew exactly what to say/when. Much as I yearn for that same characteristic, I struggle with detours. So rather than blurt, I needs to step back, consider what roads to take, at what speed.. And hope/pray I’ve taken the correct detour.

At the Reunion, a great many ‘feel goods’. Some have ridden the highway since HS without having to take too many detours. Some, relationship detours, detours caused by death, physical health detours, job loss - changes.. Abrupt halts.

I my ownself, as I walked thru for the meeting of eyeballs and the ‘beggin’ the question’ howthehell you been the last forty - answered back “I’m happy.. I am but the only one left from my nuclear family.. I’m divorced.. But, I love my job and I’m happy, I love life.” One, formerly intimate classmate deducted “who are you trying to fool?”

Got that urge to blurt out “NO NO, you don’t understand, I really AM happy.. I DO love life. Honest, I whistle whenever I’m on my feet at work. I have very, very good friends after hours.. I probably ain’t the most productive person outsidea work, but hey, fitty-something is all about being a little selfish after so many years of “have to’s” “…. Nonetheless, even made me start to wonder……Oh well. (“Oh well” onea my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs..perty please to see just below.. Like it almost as good as “Oh well, part 2”)

"Can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to
Oh well...

Now when I talk to God I know He understands
He says Stick by me, I'll be your guiding hand
Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to
Oh well..."


Mebbe God is relating he can guide thru detour. Anyways…………….

So, so very good to be amongst folks the same age.. Grew up thru the same trials, tribulations, fun, events, social/economic changes.. A fine, fine age. Still close enough to childhood to see life through a child’s eyes - yet, cognizant of the fact “one day I too will pee my pants and forget my name” thus, ha ha life, I’m gonna have fun ‘til that point. A fine age.

Tummy churning a bit.. Thinking’ bout swinging thru Mickey D’s… GD (gosh darn) I hope 291 is open all the way to there. Here’s a hopin’ life befits you with taking on/figuring out, Plan B. Going 70 now, keep your eyes peeled. Love, Victurd

2 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Wonderful thoughs a usual Vic.. So appreciated all your work helping us remember good times with those of our class mates that have passed.. Keep up the great sharing of your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

i love ya sweetie! nancy