Saturday, March 20, 2010

A preachment, dear friend

You are about to receive on John Barleycorn
Nicotine and the temptations of Eve

Victor, you’re always preaching. I thought you worked in transportation. Ahm, I do. It’s just that, I love life - so, figure I could preach a bit on it, then mebbe some of it it’ll rub off, fetch to my brain somewhere…

No parkin' by the sewer sign
Hot dog, my razors broke
Water drippin' up the spout
But I dont care, let it all hang out

Embrace. Likes that word. Of course there’s the embrace of “oh baby oh baby” and who doesn’t love that one…

To take or clasp in the arms; press to the bosom; hug. Oh hell yeah. Long lost friend. Every day friend. Partner. Coworker. Family member. Someone down. Someone up. A moment of simple feel good.

Hangin' from a pine tree by my knees
Sun is shinin' through the shade
Nobody knows what its all about
It's too much, man, let it all hang out

To take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea. Teamwork. Camaraderie. Let’s go, do. Yeah, I like that. Good idea. When can we start. Concert? Party in the basement? Picnic at the park? Blues festival? Backyard BBQ? Hell yeah.

Saw a man walkin' upside down
My T.V.s on the blink
Made Galileo look like a Boy Scout
Sorry 'bout that, let it all hang out

To take in with the eye or the mind. Pardon a mai my French, but fuckin’ A Ray. Embrace the moment. A little league game. The hound running to you. Seeing people having fun. Catching a friend in their fun, in their shining, in their snorting. The camera of the brain. Pics filed away fo’er and ‘er.

Sleep all day, drive all night
Brain my numb, can't stop now
For sure ain't no doubt
Keep an open mind, let it all hang out

To encircle; surround; enclose. Grabbin’ that person’s attention, letting’ ‘em know, “hey, I likes you…. You’re fun… I’m glad to have met you.. You’re important to me… You help me smile, have feel goods in the tummy."

It's rainin' inside a big brown moon
How does that mess you baby up, leg
Eatin' a Reuben sandwich with sauerkraut
Don't stop now, baby, let it all hang out

Let it all hang out
Let it all hang out
Let it all hang out

Song, eh, I dunno. I kinda liked the beginning - announcing the preachment. Parts of it probably don’t work. Tis ok, I'm all about nonsensical sometimes. It’s me it’s me, it’s Ernest T, sorry. I LOVE embrace. And I strive every day to let it all hang out.

Thank you hombres. Love, Victurd.

No comments: