Friday, April 03, 2009

Oh Lord It`s Hard To Be Humble

when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better looking each day.

You know people like this? Uh huh.. what I thought.. me too. They thinky “my poopy don’t stinky.”

To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.

Tend to speak in terms of “I”… “I did this” (when paraphrasing accomplishments of the ‘team’)… Could be a boss at work – say – at a factory… 29,487 perfect ‘objects’ produced.. sees one that ain’t… raises holy hell.. doesn’t bother to go thru the notes from that day where the power had gone out.

I used to have a girlfriend
but she just couldn't compete
with all of these love starved women
who keep clamoring at my feet.
Well I prob'ly could find me another
but I guess they're all in awe of me.
Who cares, I never get lonesome
cause I treasure my own company.

Steamrollers.. Shoot fire outta their bootys ‘cause they don’t mind at all burning down bridges – even if those bridges are critical/strategical in lifting them up to that proud “I” status again some day.

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way,
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.

In my however many years of work, I’ve even witnessed some feel “I am superior just because I have a penis.”.. Uh huh, sadly true. Piggos. I vote, insteada burning bra’s, set them muther duggin’ boxer briefs on fire, whilst ‘uppity’ is in ‘em.

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.
I guess you could say I'm a loner,
a cowboy outlaw tough and proud.
I could have lots of friends if I want to
but then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd.
Some folks say that I'm egotistical.
Hell, I don't even know what that means.
I guess it has something to do with the way that I
fill out my skin tight blue jeans.

Hell is usually onea their very favorite words ‘cause it condescends. Whatthehell…. whothehell… howinthehell.. They like hell. Mebbe one day it will be their address. Whointhehell knows…

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way,
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.
We're doing the best that we can…

I think Mack Davis is onehelluva song writer – but I no comprende that last line. Them uppity ones don’t know ‘we’. Oh sure, they were the first on the block to have THAT “Wii”, mebbe that’s what it speaks to. They say “there ain’t no “I” in team” – and thenya look around at some teams, and lo and behold the quarterback signed is an “I”. Shee-it. I stole this line – but I really kinda like it, so solly for the theft: “You know what they did to the last perfect person.” Ok, off my soapbox – it actually belongs to a quarterback. Long live the little people, they are the foundation, the backbone, the road to prosperity. Oh Lord it’s hard to be silent. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a person with a vagina and half a brain I concur...I must add that these same penifiedmensarejects then whine and complain about their extra work load because they have to do everything themselves. I, for one, get a secret little kick outta giving these a-holes a little frontal lobe work out.