Saturday, April 25, 2009

Junior Mints......

Blocked….

Interesting word. Ya think of denied. Could be lotta things though.

Football player. Blocking sled. To fend off. Supposedly the very best block in that sport is called the pancake block. You simply knock one on their ass.

Block, as in the kid’s kind with the ABC’s on them. Building blocks. I reckon school is a building block.

Block party. Some neighborhoods have ‘em. “I live in the ___ hundred block of…..” I know her, she lives down at the end of the block.

Junior mints. Was at work the other day, onea the nicest ladies on the planet started choking. I immediately ran to try to dislodge whatever was blocking her throat… she finally said she was ok, but I could see tears in her eyes… and she still struggled to breathe.. Her throat WAS blocked.. She ran into the women’s restroom… I summonsed her daughter – she happens to work there as well.. and the end result – Junior Mint finally flew outta there on a cough. I tend to tease this fine lady unmercifully, and now whenever she gives it right back to me I spout out “Somebody give Mary a Junior Mint.”

Block. I know cars have ‘em, but I couldn’t point to whereinthehell it is.

Caller ID blocks. Even online dating sites have blocks. Was this lady, we’d exchanged some emails.. She’d even given me her phone number. (Never called).. I one day asked her to meet – apparently somewhere along the way in describing me, she didn’t like whatever it was I said. She didn’t answer. A few months down the road, I flung another email. “You’ve been blocked by this member.” Sumbitch, I didn’t do anything. A month later, she emailed to see if I still wanted to meet. HA! I didn’t block her but I “Caller ID”ed her message.

Cousin picked me up one day to play the ritzy golf course on the edge of town. “Ahm, Victor, you’ll have to go back inside and get a shirt with a collar.” Blocked I was due to my commoner status. And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply- So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why… He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you’ll do…. So I took off my hat and said Imagine that, huh, me working for you

Woah…

Sign, Sign everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery breaking my mind… Do this, don’t do that, can’t you read the sign…

Former co-worker. She was scourged by the Harper Valley PTA. A shame. Brilliant lady. Great worker. Who cared if she showed cleavage, wore short dresses and occasionally slid out an F bomb – she was the best I’d seen in her position. Anyways, we’ve continued to communicate and now her email addy is blocked. Dangit.

I reckon blocking is about power huh? I’m here, you’re there, watch this.

Then there’s the parental control blocking. A good thing prolly on the internet. Blocking a child’s friends I see as kinda dangerous, risky. Prolly tends to have the opposite affect. Ha! Whothehell am I to give parenting advice!

There is ‘vic’ in advice… Sadly, it’s in vice as well!

I’m at the library. I’ve got 26 minutes, 42 seconds until I’m blocked.

Blocking ain’t fun. Drain blocked. Road blocked. Emails blocked. Caller ID’ed. Whenever I getta call from someone I really enjoy (could be coworker, could be vendor) I teasingly answer “Hi, you’ve reached Vic, I’m away from my desk” and stupid giggles usually happen on the other end. Fun blocking.

Cylinder block. Toy block. Concrete block. Postage stamp block. City block. The H&R tax folks, spelled different – yet still abide by all the rules (blocks) of Uncle Sam.

I just figured out I’m a bit of a rebel. (Yes, I know Sherlock).. Me no likey blocks. Gladys Cravats still lives on my block. (I’m behind on my New Years Resolutions, and I’ll probably never reach my alltime goal of living so damn far out in the country I can get my mail in my undies.) I have this sudden urge to dawn me onea them wifebeater t-shits and go Tee off at that ritzy golf course on the edgea town.

I ain’t really in a frenzy, but reckon frenzies lead to coronaries. Ain’t that where something becomes blocked?

No shirt no shoes no service. Dammit, there’s my name again, right there in service.

Sign sign everywhere a sign.. blocking out the scenery breaking my mind.. do this, don’t do that can’t you read the sign..

Ok, time to bootscoot. The block blog is done. Might go and try to find me a gal that’s been around the block. Hehe. Or, email that one back and say “sorry… I just got your message.”

Much love… remember to chew your Junior Mints before swallowing… Victurd.

No comments: