Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The now…..

First off, THANKS to each and every eyeball that stopped by yesterday, and blessya for your comments – and congratulatory notes on the grandpa thing. To be honest, my first thoughts were “oh no, he’s/they’re not ready” – but now I can’t wait! Maynard’s 0 to 13 years were perhaps the best of my life – and now I getta relive that…

The now. This minute. This hour. This April Fool’s Day. This Wednesday. Today. One chance. We get once chance at it. Included within somea my favorite words are: passion… intent…smile.. and choice.

Good stuff happens. Bad stuff happens. Mundane happens. Cold, hot, distant, close, together, alone, poor, momentary wealth, have to’s, want to’s, living. Thru alla that wonderful crap – we getta choose how the corners of our mouths are shaped.

I write this goofy thing in our monthly company newsletter. The first couple three months were ‘gimmes’ on picking a topic… Now.. I struggle to find something for April.. Then I had’a thought.. There are at least three people I’m lucky enough to share this building with whom no matter what, they choose to have the corners of their mouths UP no matta what!

“The hell’s wrong with you” I’ll periodically ask, “you’re ALWAYS happy”?.. Nuttin’ phases ‘em. They're like cats falling from high up – they always land on their feet. They choose. They choose happy. I admire ‘em. One, fortunately, sits within a distance I can reach her with a rubber band, and I quite frequently do. (Yes, I’m 56. Sorry, can’t help it.)

So that’s their way. NOW. They realize now is NOW. Their thoughts ain’t so much about tomorrow, what I drive, where I’ll be in ten years… it’s about the minute. They extend that minute throughout their life. They live, they do, they choose happy. Sure, mebbe “See the funny little clown.. he’s laughing on the outside.. but he’s crying on the inside” might exist – but they sure has H-E-double-toothpick ain’t gonna demonstrate that.

We get but one chance. These folks “take on ugly” with a smile. I see ‘em periodically take a big ole inhale. Uh huh, recharging their ‘now’ batteries. Sure, I bet it’s sometimes tough – but they handle things with apparent ease.

Another thing I’ve noticed about these folks I share the building with who understand life is all about ‘now’. They choose their words very carefully. They ain’t blurters. You say something, they smile, THEN talk. That smile, that ‘now’, it allows them to constantly remind themselves “whatever happens today, this minute… whether it’s real crud… love.. mebbe even hate.. I will choose happy, calm and won’t trip over my tongue.”

I admire these sonofaguns. Dagnabbit they’re all females too. (What’s that say about us piggos?!).. They have passion. They live the now with intent. They smile, hella. They choose.

Now. Now I kinda like working with these folks. I’ma hopin ‘now’ happens to me thru osmosis. Now I’d like that. How now brown cow. Bye. Going, now. Love, Victurd.

No comments: