Sunday, April 26, 2020

You put the Lysol in the coconut and drink it all up.

Relax. Just kidding, kinda.

THIS IS NOT POLITICAL said 12,483,001 Republicans and 12,483,000 Democrats (See, toldya it was their fault.)

Fauci News.

Should I stay or should I go?  Well, depends on your Governor, County, Mayor, Wife, Job

You can't touch this.  Or this, or that, or this or that over there. Spray, wipe, glove on, glove off, hands washed.  Repeat cycle. You no touchy me, not even an elbow bump?  ALRIGHT?  ZALRIGHT! Wow, people are getting touchy, so to speak.

Crazy,  I agree Patsy.  Time on one's hands.  Grumpiness happens.  Sure, so does more family good stuff. I'm talking visiting loved ones thru a window.  Walking in the Piggly Wiggly, looking at the lady in the bread aisle coming your way, you smile, which really means "stay the hell away from me lady."  You go for a McDouble and you wonder what the lady in the mask handing you your change really looks like.

Poor side of town.  You sing it Johnny.  Laid off.  Stimulus helps, but will they send more after this runs out in two weeks?  Can't pay the mortgage.  Can't pay the rent.  Insurance cancelled.  Crapola.  BRB, gonna go look behind, under sofa. "Honey?  I found the remote."

Isn't she lovely?  Yes Stevie, said you, and a kajillion others nine months from now.  The heck else is there to do?

He did the Mash, it was the Monster Mash.  What are you gonna be this Halloween we asked the Crypt Kickers.  Oh, I dunno.  I've got 67 masks in the dresser, lemme pick one out. Ouch, my ears hurt. I'm getting an itchy itchy rash.  Sing it Claire.

They're gonna put me in the movies.. They're gonna make a big star out of me.  They'll make a film about a man that's sad and lonely, and all I gotta do is act naturally.  Very true Ringo.  Netflix.  Discovery Channel. History Channel.  Local news, national news, Fauci news (CNN/FOX).  Presidential addresses (Honey, can you hand me that remote?) I'm Ozarked, Lioned, Hanitty'd, Cooper'd out. I understand now why it's called a boob tube. I'm A boob.

Centerfield.  Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today, put me in coach I'm ready to play today, look at me, I can be, Centerfield.  Not in the damn living room you're not.  Take your little booties out to the backyard to play, and NO, the Andersons can't come over and play with you.

Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk to you again.  Lights are out in the seating areas of restaurants.  Rush hour is now dawdle hour.  There ain't no other cars. The sounds of silence.  Hell, tain't no cups at the fountain drink area of QT.  Drove my Chevy to the levee (and Macys, Penneys, Kohls, Best Buy, Mens Warehouse) but the levee was dry, them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye..... at home.

We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control.  No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Teacher, leave them kids alone. Hey, teacher, leave them kids alone....If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding.  How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

'Teachers', moms and dads everywhere:  Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine, when you gonna let me get sober.  Nevermind, this works.

No more pencils no more books, no more teacher dirty looks. Out for the summer.  Out till fall. We might not come back at all.  School's out, forever. Schools out for the summer.  Which, brings us back to Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine.

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray, and lonely - I just stick out my chin, and grin, and say ohhhhhh, The Sun'll come out, TOMORROW, So ya gotta hang on till tomorrow. Come what may, tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're always a day away!  Optimism schnotptimism, cool it ya little ginger.

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb? Mother do you think they'll like this song?  Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls (HEY, I didn't write it, Roger Waters did!)..  Ooh, ah, Mother should I build a wall?  Mother should I run for President?  Mother should I trust the Government? .....................  Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry.  Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing. She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing. Mama's gonna keep baby cozy and warm.  Ooh baby, ooh baby, ooh baby - of course mama's gonna help you build the wall.

Not much beats music in a pandemic. Or wine. Or the fridge.  Or Netflix. Or mask knitting. Or sleeping. Or Facebook.

You thought it was a joke. And so you laughed. You laughed when I had said that losing you (NORMALCY) would make me flip my lid, right?.....  You know you laughed, I heard you laugh, you laughed and laughed and then you left, but now you know I'm utterly mad.. --------

They're coming to take me away ha ha, they're coming to take me away, they're coming to take me away ha ha.. to the happy home, they sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes, to the looney bin with all you need, prescription drugs like thorazine and lithium - electric shock.

Crazy.  We already did that Patsy.

Objects in the rear view mirror may seemingly go on forever, and ever.

Where's Tracy Chapman and Fast Car when you need her.

Gimme one reason to stay here...........

(This has been pretty stupid, sorry.. it's my first go at a pandemic)

Love, Victurd


No comments: