Thursday, April 02, 2015

Reflections......


(to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome)

I'm a word nerd. Reflection is one'a my alltime favs.. Of course, the beauty of a body of water - and nature's image twofold.. years of looking in the mirror with results ranging from "eww" to "yuck" to "not horribly bad" to "damn, I hope you had a lotta fun getting to this point" ........

I love love love that on my computer I can search email, or perhaps Google, and in a millisecond have it filter out a kajillion other things to specifically bring back scoop pertaining to my original quest/question.

With the brain though, serious thought - reflection is "magnifico".. You don't need a user ID, password, LinkedIn, credit card, you don't have to find the GD (gosh darn) X in the upper right hand corner to close a pop-up, nor wait 5 seconds to close the ad.

Reflection (of yesterday/today) has 'learnt me' I don't know everything, I've not seen everything, and not experienced everything and that only increases my excitement for today/tomorrow.

I can reflect back to 'down' - but, I try to look at is as a '10 minute parking zone'..... In life, like an inspector at a food plant, we're able to "throw a batch out" if ain't to our liking - and pull only The Best. Dwelling, stewing, reminding, loitering, 'living there', patooey. Hard lesson (for me at least) to learn - but happy to announce, "I think I'm there now."

As I gather UP experiences from today - I think, look back, deduct "I don't think I've ever been this happy - and it's due to all that 'filtering' (reflection) of where I sit today."

Ya Google "Happy" to the brain - up pops family, loved ones, bestest of friends, casual friends, long ago friends, friends gone by, classmates, teammates, jobs/coworkers past - they're all there in that reflection - and were we a 'food thing', they'd all be proudly listed on our label of contents.

They say, and it's a given, as we age - we get slower. What better to have to reflect a tad more - spend a little longer time on each wonder from today and yesteryear.

Is EVERY minute enjoyable? Victor, don't cars pull out infronta you? Well heck no every minute ain't enjoyable, and YES, I've some pretty nifty cusswords (with windows up, I'm too old for a fist fight) for those that cause me to swerve outside the white highway lines (that I wish I could see!)....

Point being, in looking back. In reflecting. I/we are lucky. Of course bad, unfortunate, sad happens. Googling the brain "deduction of it all" - it's a pretty darn nice, happy, rewarding ride though. Love, Victurd.

No comments: