Saturday, April 18, 2015

I have a hobby



All these years, one hobby after another by the wayside.. Baseball cards... collecting aluminum cans, if that's considered a hobby.. finding golf balls with stepson when we lived next door to the golf course.. slot cars.. juggling.. guitar.. writing... Sudoku...

None really stuck (kinda like ex's I guess!).... Well, I guess writing and Sudoku have, but - all these years, all this trial/error/finally boredom have made me come to the realization - I've actually had this hobby ALL ALONG: smile collecting.

I am perked by smiles. In passing. In friendship. In love.

I've learned to quickly vaminos, Snagglepuss (exit, stage left), get the hell away from situations where smiles never occur. People. Workplaces. Yes, even relationships. Some, seemingly prefer to go ahead and live in this hell - perhaps not believing they're due anything better.. maybe because it's simply easier to stay put.. and yes, for some, smiles aren't really even important. I don't understand that, but certainly their prerogative.

Nomme.

I love happy - so I try to be around it. I have a pretty "s-eatin grin" I've been told - but that's ok, as long as I'm smiling - life is good.

Smiles bring laughter, friendship, a better working environment, peace, and sometimes even love.

This hobby (addiction) of smile led me to Facebook. I love seeing fun/funny clips, sayings, "comebacks", pics (young folks, middle folks, old folks), selfie sticks, etc. Creativity breeds smile. Camaraderie lends to smile. Niceness is a very cool factor. Shock value can loom large.

Smiles don't need Spring, rain, sun to pop up. Ya don't just harvest them in the Fall. They're year-round, and they go a long, long way in easing this turbulent thing called life.

I suppose, like ballcards filling a closet, slot cars gathering dust, golf balls turning yellow - I should do something will all these accumulated smiles.

I'd like to think I am. I'm enjoying the hell out of life. Of you. Of her, of him, of this, of that. "Peace begins with a smile." (Mother Teresa). Right you are ma'am, right you are.

Gotta run. Ok, actually, gotta walk. Grab s'more smiles. Life really is a candid camera. When it's least expected - you're elected, it's your lucky day: smile!

Bobby McFerrin once said:
"Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no girl to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you worry, your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now"

Smiles (followed closely by music) are the most wonderful, 'organic' antidepressants known to man (and women).. Have one? If not, you can sure have mine!

Love, Victurd.

No comments: