Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Right place, wrong time....

I been in the right place but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing but I must have used the wrong line
I been in the right trip but I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a bad place and I'm wondering what it's good for
I been the right place but it must have been the wrong time
My head was in a bad place but I'm having such a good time

Ain't life grand? We spend our entire life trying to 'get it right', 'do it right', and gump happens. So does good though, lots. Recently, I copied some beautiful blogger lady's blog on "You WIll Never Be Finished: Find Peace by Enjoying Were You Are..." Wow Dr. John, we needed that!

In her story, she related visiting with her 80 year old grandmother:“I wish I could do it all over again,” grandma said on her 60th wedding anniversary.
“Really?” Granddaughter asked.
A small smile crossed her face as she replied, “Yes. Because when you enjoy your life—when you really enjoy your life—it just goes by so fast. I wish I could go back and do it all again.”

Nuttin' about regrets, woulda shoulda coulda, right place, wrong time.

So, me being the idiot I am, emailed the blogger. I related a story (I've told here before, sorry, kinda) from when I was in the Dr. John scrambled mode (recently divorced) - went out with a way-too-young for me lady.. had asked her "What are you looking for?" - in a nutshell, she related, "well.. I was working in ER.. there was a little lady in her 80's that was having some severe heart issues. In fact, we 'lost her' three times that night. Each and every time, the doctor would go to the waiting room to confer/update the little lady's elderly husband. Finally, she expired. Doc went out, related same. Without saying a word, the gent go up, walked into the ER room where she lay, pulled back the sheet over her, kissed her cheek, covered her back up, and walked out. THAT, that's what I want."

Ok, the blogger lady emailed me back, said she enjoyed the story then shared "Destination = a beautiful, tender, loving partnership. How shall we get there? Don't know, but I'll tell you what the journey looked like when I arrive."

So maybe the right place, the right time, ain't all that important.

I been running trying to get hung up in my mind
Got to give myself a good talking-to this time
Just need a little brain salad surgery
Got to cure this insecurity....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh insecurity - a blog for another day - but I can't begin to share with you all the people I've met (on the outside, VERY "right place, right time" folks) who've struggled with insecurity. My own personal pity party on more than one occasion has related to me "Insecurity? Yeah?" and I reply with "Hell yeah, two failed marriages, neither one I desired to end." Let's just say, if you struggle with insecurity - there are some wonderful, wonderful sites that magically pop up when you Google "Low self esteem" (or whatever struggle you're dealing with.) I dunno if I'm right place, right time (thankfully happy to relate my life is the best it's been for a long, long time) - but, thanks to Google, within my brain I've some learned tools to combat the sinister thoughts that creep in, try to take the wheel of life. Sure, I slip, but learning/understanding me through self help articles has REALLY helped me, I encourage same for you.

I been in the wrong place but it must have been the right time
I been in the right place but it must have been the wrong song
I been in the right vein but it seems like the wrong arm
I been in the right world but it seems wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.....

Funny, kinda. I just had a minor medical procedure. They hadta give me a shot in the booty for antibiotic purpose. She noticed I'd limped in.."yeah, my hip has been buggin' me"... "Which one?".. "The left".. "Ok, we'll give the shot on the other side.. now it's going to hurt for a couple days." "Good, that'll balance out the pain." Hehe. Right vein, right cheek.

Slipping dodging sneaking creeping hiding out down the street
See me life shaking with every ho' I meet
Refried confusion is making itself clear
Wonder which way do I go to get on out of here..

Right place, wrong thong. This story doesn't fit here, but, that's what makes blogging so damn special. Kinda like being old, one can do any damn thing they please! A friend recently related a story of another friend and her hubby. They were to celebrate their 25th anniversary at a fancy dancy hotel. She'd purchased this really cool, shear negligee, and told him to "get a black thong." Drum roll... That night, she was awaiting him in bed.. out of the bathroom he comes... wearing...... wearing........ wearing... black flip-flops (thongs). With apologies to my family for cursing, I shit you not this is true. Right place, wrong thong (and he was serious, didn't know any better.)

I been in the right place but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing but I must have used the wrong line
I'd have took the right road but I must have took a wrong turn
Would've made the right move but I made it at the wrong time
I been on the right road but I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a good place and I wonder what it's bad for

Live is fulla wrong turns, wrong roads, wrong moves, wrong veins, wrong place, wrong thongs... sinister thoughts trying to take over...

Still, it's pretty damn good.......... if we allow it to be.

Love, Victurd.

No comments: