Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I'd be ok if I never-ever again saw.......

One thing about being a grandparent....... you can have fun..... my one and two year old grandbabies are seemingly interested in me... and they'll walk up and say "beemare-ahh-djuso-abgu-apaalo"... and, knowing what's been said ABSOLUTELY makes sense to them, I reply "Yeah? Tuesday?... Cool"... or similar.

I enjoy/love my DIL. We will strap the kiddos in the car for a quick run to the Piggly Wiggly, and as we reach the front door and I drop her off, I turn to g-kids (Remember: they don't have any idea what I'm saying) I tell them matter-of-factly "Mommy's leaving, and she's never coming back"... Shock value was pretty darn good the first time I winged it.. DIL laughed... Not so much now.

Of course I'm joshing, and DIL knows that.. much as she knows when the oldest has a terrible two fit, lays on the floor at WallyWorld screaming because she doesn't understand money, and me having to take the .50 cent sucker from her hand, hand it to the cashier so she can scan it, THEN she'll get it back. In the next three fitful minutes, every answer is "NO!".. So... I play.. "Can I have a kiss?" "NO!"... You want to hop back up in the cart? (I always flip the cart around so it's going in the direction she can see) "NO!!!!"..... "You want a hundred dollars?" "NO!!!!!!!!".. (Don't worry Conservatives, one day she too will be on FB, and you can help educate her on the importance of personal finance.)

Ok, sorry... all a preface to the intent: "Never-ever see again".......

My list:

Death. Traffic Tailgaters. Rain/snow whilst driving. A political FB post. Cancer. An ill child. A shooting/stabbing, on any street, in any town. Molestation. Rape. Assault.

Sushi. A Vinson Mortgage commercial. Video of me saying "til death do us part" a third time. Bill Self. That 'bird'. Mayonnaise. Another Hearing Aid or Burial Plot advertisement in my mailbox. (How do they know?)..

The DMV. One cashier at the Dollar Tree. A lady (or man) with 63 items in the Express ("20 items or less") lane at Wally World.

A shelter animal. A crotch rocket on I-435 doing 95 mph. A customer service person who doesn't get it. A vendor with an attitude. My reflection, mostly sideways, in the mirror.

A homeless person (then, they would all have homes).. Tsunami, earthquake, tornado, flood, avalanche, wild fire...

Sad crying. Suicide. The effects thereafter. Divorce, without 'grabbing the other by the collars' to make sure they know the severity/importance of what you are saying, trying twice as hard to 'stay in it' as it took to get in it.

Deer in the headlights. Pile of laundry. Cable/Gas/Electric bills. Smart phone that decides after a year it's stupid. IT 'upgrades/enhancements' which hide the most essential tools/needs, but now mandating one to click nine times for what usedta take four clicks.

Bias. Prejudice. Harassment. Bullying. Depression. Feelings of inferiority. The announcement of how much a pro baseball/football/basketball player just signed for. Knowing the cost of a ticket to go see the aforementioned.

Flies, wasps, cicadas, mosquitos, bees, ants, roaches, spiders, snakes, raccoons, rats..

The pressure of management... the open window, wind chimes of the lady in our 'building'(@ work) that drives 12 of the 13 of us batso.

World hunger. Terrorism. Atrocity. Starvation. Misspelling of the words you're/your, sense/since, quiet/quite, separate/seperate, truly/truely, weird/wierd, lose/loose, they're/their/there, definitely/definately.

Pop ups. Auto-correct. User ID's, logins. Users. People in need who get a bad rap due to users. People who blog on AND on, when it's probably time to stop.

Love, Victurd.



No comments: