Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'

Wikipedia notes:

Nothing is a pronoun associated with nothingness.[1] In nontechnical uses, nothing denotes things lacking importance, interest, value, relevance, or significance.[1] Nothingness is the state of being nothing,[2] the state of nonexistence of anything, or the property of having nothing.

"What areya doin'?"......"Nuthin.... you?"........ Room full of young, rambunctious youths, LOUD noises, giggling, you sprint from the next room "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"....... Their batted eyed reply "Nothing." Uh huh, sure.

Checking account, nothing, been there. Dating life, nothing, am there. Softball game, nothing for four, been there. "He don't know nothing" said at break by a good friend. "Where'd you go to school," I ask, "Grandview?" (As I knew she had).. She's nothing but nice though.

No pot to piss in, nothing.

The Devil is greater than nothing. Nothing is greater than God. Therefore, the Devil is greater than God. HEY! Wait a minute, that ain't right!

Nothing. ( ), [ ], { }. Nada. Zero. Comes before One so you don't even say it. Empty. "All gone." Absent. Void. Vacuum. Seinfeld's show, known as "A show about nothing."

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed
Eminem.

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein

Nothing bugs me more than ___________. Cheer by high school snotnoses at basketball game "YOU AIN'T..(clap clap) NUTHIN." The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I've mentioned before, I write to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome.

This evening, Peyton Manning returns to Indianapolis where he had a long, storied, successful stay. Peyton will probably go down in history as the best quarterback EVER. The list above him is nothing. Four MVP trophies, a Super Bowl, a scazillion passing yards, TD's, clutch victories, comebacks. Jim Irsay, owner of the Colts blabbed this week (paraphrasing) "I'm disappointed we only won one Super Bowl with Peyton" and then reeled off a list of teams with multiple Super Bowl wins in the time Peyton was there.

The purpose of this whole damn blog is Peyton's reply.

Nothing.

Denver's coach John Fox, after hearing Irsay said "I saw the comments. And to be honest with you, I thought it was a bit of a cheap shot," Fox said during an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "To me, in my opinion, they were disappointing and inappropriate. Peyton would never say anything. He's too classy to do that."

I, of course, will always come with a reply if it's in regard to the KU/MU rivalry - but Peyton's actions (er, actually no action) teaches.

We've all had 'hurtful' winged in our direction. Please bless me/you, into the future, to respond using Peyton's example. Catch that Victor? Sometimes the best response is NOTHING.

Our Kansas City Chiefs are 6-0, as are Peyton Manning's Broncos. I should root for Indy tonight, but I ain't. I hope Peyton goes in and kicks butt. Nothing would please me more.

That's it. Much ado about nothing. Love, Victurd.



No comments: