Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Sometimes I don't have a clue what you're saying"


Comprende? Dig? Understand (rubber band)?

A many year friend recently wrote that ("don't have a clue") - and then showered with superlatives after. I love the word understand.... understand?

We all are of different medulla oblongata, different walks, different talks, colors, sizes, sexes, socioeconomics, backgrounds, climates, towns, frowns, smiles, whiles....

Lots I don't understand. Sushi, bleeeck.. My bloody English mate, and hell, they were speaking the language long before us. Española. Why birds don't get fried on power lines. Driving 70 and not being able to see the front bumper of the car seven feet behind. I don't understand God awful, and awfully good.

Hate. I hate hate. Victor, I don't understand that. Sorry.. I hate that. I don't understand flies, crickets, cicadas, moths, ants, raccoons (the little bastards), mice....

Anatomy and kinesiology (And I HAD to take that to graduate, get a degree.) I no comprende that some with degree look down on those that ain't gots one... and that some that don't have one assume those with one are uppity. Understand? Me neither.

She/he is very understanding. Yeah? You wanna impress me? Stick him/her in a Portuguese restaurant and have 'em order a cheeseburger.

I go to Church's Fried chicken to get the same order 2-3 times a week. It's always $5.05. I no comprende, don't unnerstand why the guy on the speaker can pronounce the second 5, but not the first. "Fiye-oh-five please." I giggle every time. I don't understand giggle, but it happens. And.. it's a good thing. Good/bad, are different for all of us, I don't understand that.

Once, in high school, drove thru Dog N Suds, asked the gal that was taking my order out [I'd been wanting to go out with her for a long time] over the speaker thingy. I understood, by her red face when I got to the window, the speaker was very loud and everyone in the joint heard it. Oops. I understand "if looks could kill".. Oh well.

I don't understand how the guy with no legs had the guts, determination, mindset, training (with attached blades to his legs) to become a world class sprinter, then piss it all away horrifically (and take another's life). I don't understand horrific. I don't understand taking another's life. I don't understand war. I don't understand religionS. I no comprende disparity in CEO/worker bee wages. Victor, you're bouncing around allover the place, I don't understand where you're going with this.

Me neither. Understand? Begrijpen (Dutch), Razumeti (Serbian), समझना (Hindi), 理解して (Japanese), Compreender (Portuguese... and believe it or not, cheeseburger is cheeseburger in Portuguese, don't believe me, go to freetranslation.com.. I didn't understand it either.).. dnatsrednu (Backwards), puɐʇsɹǝpun (Upside down).. VIctor, I don't understand how you did that. Easy, google "how to type upside down." (Google understands everything)..


I don't Begrijpen (Dutch, remember) burning bridges. I don't understand the person that just quit work due to stress and how working compares to going to the mailbox to get water/gas/electric/trash/cable bills. I don't understand many of the things I'd never heard of years ago dominate my life today.. user ID/password. Online. Internet. Or intranet, I never understood which... apps.. pop-ups (they were things u put in the toaster years ago).. tweet.. Outlook (patooey!).. blog.. facebook.. "Victor, one day you will live on Facebook." Huh? I don't understand that.

I do understand old people are understood to be constant complainers. I don't understand whyinthehell IT types/companies/providers, make 'new and improved' changes, and it takes like 5 clicks more to get the same damn thing as before. Old/grump/understood.

I don't understand remote controls with 89 buttons. gigabytes... why, when my phone alarm goes off in the morning - half the time the snooze/dismiss option doesn't display. I have to take my case off, take the back of the phone off, and undo the battery. I don't 理解して that. (Japanese, remember?)

I don't understand a United States fulla Repubs and Dems who hate each other. (I understand KU-MU no likey).. I don't Razumeti (Serbian, remember?) why Jackie Robinson didn't hit back. I don't understand why some are born challenged. Why some leave all too soon. How someone can say "jeeesh, I can't wait until Friday" and moan/piss MTWT away. I don't understand why the Royals are either "the shit" or "shit" and there's no inbetween.

I loved Logic class in College with Dr. David. He'd say something like "If... then is only False when Then implies False, all other cases are true.... dig?" I dug how he said that, when rarely teachers actually asked that, they gave tests instead. Nomme, shake your head up/down, or sideways, lemme hear the rocks of understand/no comprende.

I don't understand when sometimes "hi" is not reciprocated. I do understand we're all different, and that sentence I just wrote should teach me I have no understanding of what's gone on, going on, in their life.

I don't quite understand everything my 32 month old granddaughter says, but understand I LOVE hearing her talk, and believe she understands what she's saying. I don't understand cruelty to children, spouses, people, animals.

I've rambled, and I understand many of you left paragraphs ago. Please understand - I am thankful for any eyeballs here - and if one, and only one smile ever happens here, then goal reached. Understood?

Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

kscatxil said...

This is awesome! I read the whole thing and understand everything you said ;)

(found you on POF)