Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hearts of gold...


I want to live,
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

The older I get, the more I enjoy hearts of gold. I abhor conflict. With every waking day, the more repugnant shootings, acts of terror, sexual assaults, etc.- become.

If you're like me, as I/we age - and run into any act of 'ugly' (no matter the scale) I react like magnets repelling each other. Run away, scram, bootscoot, exit - stage left.

Give me the persistent smiles of friends like Mary, Ollie, Misty, Lynda, Terry, Jimmy, Kendra, Herbert (and many, many more.) Certain you've got friends like this as well. Red Rover red rover, send those friends (and more), and maybe Ray Charles, Buck O'Neil, Andy Griffith, Tom Hanks, Oprah, and let osmosis takeover.

I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

Old = choice, margin of error lessoned. Closed minded some might deem it, doesn't matter to me - 'poop' belongs in the restroom - and I choose to run from it any place else. Gimme the Sport's page (sans A-Rod/Braun, et al) and the FYI section, you can keep the main section that includes the atrocities.

Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.

Life is too short to worry about the stare a stranger might give. Thought a fool/speak, remove all doubt. Winging 'ugly' leaves scars. Growing old, the skin tends to resemble that of an alligator - all the better/thicker to deter yuck.

We are all human, imperfect - yuck happens, and sure, occasionally perpetuated by our own selves. Nonetheless, I believe we're basically all miners for a heart of gold.

Love, Victurd




No comments: