Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Oh the games people play now......

Oh the games people play now
Every night and every day now
Never meaning what they say now
Never saying what they mean

I love all people, I do, but some make it hard to do so. The above stanza... To me, it's all about evaluation. Some folks it's easy to see/evaluate/form opine fairly rapidly, others, it takes years. All'a that offset by the general belief initially "take 'em by their word."

And they wile away the hours
In their ivory towers
Till they're covered up with flowers
In the back of a black limousine

Eh, this does not compute. I'm just a common man, drive a common van, my dog ain't got no pedigree. (Victor, I think it's against blog rules to inter-mix two songs in one blog.) Then howabout, suffice to say, ivory towers, black limousine, it ain't me babe. Oops.

La-da da da da da da da
La-da da da da da de
Talking 'bout you and me
And the games people play

Oh we make one another cry
Break a heart then we say goodbye
Cross our hearts and we hope to die
That the other was to blame

My only experience here is being on the receiving end of goodbye, and the inferred (and believed) guilt instilled in me. "I was to blame." If this was a blog (ha ha) I would say "scroll to the title."

Neither one will give in
So we gaze at our eight by ten
Thinking 'bout the things that might have been
It's a dirty rotten shame

Too late, comes to mind, for staring at an eight by ten. One can only control their own feelings, actions. It's a dirty rotten shame, but life does go on, and in many cases, a perty decent hereafter.

People walking up to you
Singing glory halleluiah
And they're tryin to sock it to you
In the name of the Lord

They're gonna teach you how to meditate
Read your horoscope, cheat your faith
And further more to hell with hate
Come on and get on board

Again, this one's all about "sit back, evaluate." Never been a big fan of 'hawkers', be it the carnival, the side street in the big city, the slickster a knockin' on ur door, and, (don't shoot me) the ultra religious handing out pamphlets about my perceived path to hell. I prefer to observe lifelong folks/bonds - their faith.

Look around tell me what you see
What's happening to you and me
God grant me the serenity
To remember who I am

Cause you've given up your sanity
For your pride and your vanity
Turns you sad on humanity
And you don't give a da da da da da

Yes, sometimes the games people can play wear on you. Fortunately, age is the 'hockey goalie' to thwart this. Comfort. A vast majority of our life is making sure "we fit". Are "comfy". Don't "rock the boat" (sorry, a 4th song, I will do 100 sit-ups for doing so).. Bottom-line (geez Victor, we never thought you'd get here) in life, in games, in family, in relationships, in friends, in every day life - we, are the judge, jury and executioner of our own person.

Please don't allow the games people play to affect that. Or is that effect? Love, Victurd

1 comment:

jude said...

too often we allow people to "should" on us. it's all part of the games people play, so to speak. gazing at the 8 by 10's of our lives brings us comfort at times, other times a sense of sadness of "what if", of disappointment. at times we all sit in our ivory towers and gaze at the ones outside our windows with a sense of invisibility...you can't get in to hurt me, go away I'm ok here by myself. then we get covered by the flowers. seems to me that we are all afraid. got to go climb back to the tower now.