Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dust in the wind......

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Fleeting, life is. Makes one want to scorn one's self for every bad mood.. every "nah, I'm too tired, I'm gonna stay home, you guys go have fun though"... Every urge to get up on the dance floor that ne'er went acted upon..
.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Family reunions.. Class reunions.. Marriage unions... Working buddies.. runnin' buddies.. memories die out.. We lose grandparents...... parents...... some day, it's our turn..

One day our only attachment to life here will be ancestry.com.

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind

Internal faith we must have, for one day no one will be here to remember us - we must live life so that we can remember our self as the best person we can be. Imperfect, human, but trying. (As always, I write to me, for me... hitchhikers welcome.)

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy

I have heard of folks announcing "ready to go." Sure, we'll all get there one day - until then, let's inspire. Let's love. Let's have fun. Go, do, laugh, live. We might one day hunch a bit, not be as tall.. all the better to see God's green earth. We might not go as fast - but would you rather be doing 73 in the left lane on Interstate - or 35 on a windy, hilly, scenic country road? Going slower? All the better to see more! The back way of life, color me there.

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind.

"...for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." Fleeting. Suck up the moments, the mems. Make more. Smile, give - enjoy. Look for good, swerve around evil, ugly, wrong. (And don't fear speaking up on those convictions. I am kinda [lovingly, I think] referred to as 'troublemaker' at work. Call me whatever, I see 'wrong', I'm vocal, passionate.) Wrong tangent, sorry, kinda.

Point is. We won't have our voice forever, use it wisely. (Victor, I've heard you say some pretty stupid things.. I know peanutbutter breath (oops, slipped, sorry, kinda), scroll to 'imperfect, human, but trying'.) Won't have our eyesight forever, go - see. One day we will have to have the radio, TV, loud to simply hear it - my vote, why not crank it now! Feel, love, hug, enjoy, smile.

Most of all, have a good day. It's the only May 18th, 2013 we'll ever have. Love, Victurd.

No comments: