Sunday, May 26, 2013

Don't read, unless you're really bored, as this is really boring.



A preachment, dear friend
You are about to receive on John Barleycorn
Nicotine and the temptations of Eve

Yeah, pretty sure I've done that/this one before... oh well.. Old people are repetitive..

No parkin' by the sewer sign
Hot dog, my razors broke
Water drippin' up the spout
But I dont care, let it all hang out

Went into work today... five hours... semi-caught up.. Car has been hesitating to start in the am... bought a new battery at Wally World yest...... Made it to work today... made it back to town.. Piggly Wiggly for a bottle of pop and a jar of peanuts to take to my buddy's wonderful annual Memorial Day party...AHRUH.. ARUH.. ARuh.. aruh... click.. Dead battery. Hmmm. Alternator?

Hangin' from a pine tree by my knees
Sun is shinin' through the shade
Nobody knows what its all about
It's too much, man, let it all hang out

Made the half mile walk from Piggly Wiggly to home to Google howintheheck to change the alternator on my car.. Kinda understood.... afoot to auto parts store.. looking for shortcut (I'm old)..en route, lady was leaving a nearby assisted care facility, walking to her car.. I took an abrupt right thru their parking lot (in her direction) as I saw a back way/shortcut to auto part's store.. three ladies on front porch saw this, (scared, I think, thinking maybe I was gonna go jump her) .. "Sir.. are you looking for something?".. "Nah, my car just broke down at the Piggly Wiggly.. I'm walking to the auto part's store"... "Darn, sorry, good luck mister." (And bless them for having the courage to speak up, understood.)

Saw a man walkin' upside down
My T.V.s on the blink
Made Galileo look like a Boy Scout
Sorry 'bout that, let it all hang out

Auto parts store.. "Sir, for your make/model, there is a 90 amp, and a 120 amp alternator, it matters... do you know which it is?"... "No... I don't.. what do I need to do, would the VIN help?"... "Yes, we need the VIN." Afoot to Piggly Wiggly. Bouta twenty minute walk. And back to auto parts store (bouta twenty minute walk) with insurance card with VIN # on it."... "I'm sorry sir, but I can't tell from your VIN which one you need." "Darn, ok, I'll just go pull it off." So.. afoot to Piggly Wiggly, bouta twenty minute walk.

Sleep all day, drive all night
Brain my numb, can't stop now
For sure ain't no doubt
Keep an open mind, let it all hang out

Piggly Wiggly, at my car. Ain't got the right tools. Didn't wanna call buddy, called.. he, his wife came.. together, we didn't have the right tools.. tried jumping the car. Huh uh. Took battery to anudder auto parts store to charge.. They took me home. Oops. Keys still in car at Piggly Wiggly, no getty into apartment. Ran, caught them. "Sorry!" Friend/wife hitched me back to Piggly Wiggly.. back to apt.

It's rainin' inside a big brown moon
How does that mess you baby up, leg
Eatin' a Reuben sandwich with sauerkraut
Don't stop now, baby, let it all hang out

Alarm set early to have at again tomorrow. Will ride bicycle to Perky's for early am breakfast.. Swing by auto parts store for battery.. back to Piggly Wiggly.. Hopefully drive car to auto parts store, buy the appropriate 'breaker bar' tool.. hopefully pull alternator.. purchase new.. figure out whereintheheck the serpentine belt went up/down/over/under. And hopefully drive away, bicycle taking up 3/4's of the room in my matchbox car.

Let it all hang out
Let it all hang out
Let it all hang out

Fountain/drain. I didn't pay very much for my car. I haven't had car payments. My car has been a faithful, reliable servant for a long time. I have had/will have, two full days off (rare). I got to take my g-daughter to "Spacebound" (inflatable bounce house thingy) yesterday.. I am lucky.


Your (memorable) Memorial Day? Love, Victurd

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well the last three have been great especially this one. I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at this one a lot, was crazy day back and forth to say the least. Hope you get or got your car fixed finally and got to drive it to work instead of the bike..You certainly did seem to get thru the day finally . Love the HUMOR, it's toxic. Hope you don't mind my comments, but your blog is very interesting and funny to read. Life is Beautiful, enjoy...

Anonymous said...

omg! sounds like a lot of my days!!