Saturday, February 18, 2012

I like like.....

Seems when driving, the brain thinks about virtually everything else (other than paying attention to the road, oncoming traffic, speed, distance, yada).. Some'a the best thinking is done behind the wheel...

As I was driving home from bi-weekly breakfast at Mickey D's, my mind wandered to my granddaughter.. the past six months or so have seen her go from yucky formula, to wow-almost-any-every-thing.. How does one decide 'like'? I am certain there are foods that aren't to her pleasure - but why? What makes us like/not like things?

Clothing doesn't just jump off the rack into our hands.. the menu at the restaurant doesn't shout "pick me! pick me!" We don't pickup the phone and purposely dial those we don't like. We like for a reason. How come?

"Like" propels... In junior high, why I'll never know, but we plastered other's yearbooks with 'coc' if we liked them. Hehe. Like makes us smile, laugh, get a good tummy feel, breeds familiarity, makes us write 'lol', click a FB button.. date, hold hands, kiss, doink, be a parent. And the cycle begins anew.

Perceived like. I like my job, but find myself at times simply wishing I was out mowing grass on a golf course. Like the money where I work better than whadda greenskeeper makes, but I think I'd like it more.

Running with my lifelong buddies.. We have fun. We like it. We like each other. After so long, I'd like to do something else (too). Perceived like that I ain't so sure I like as much as I usedta, and don't mean that derogatorily about anyone.

Just like the "date, hold hands, kiss, doink thing".. sometimes we fall outta like. (Witness #1 and #2)... What makes one no longer like? I guess you can "de-friend" on Facebook, but you can't unclick the 'like' button.

I'm unique, just like you. We like many different things. Some in a crowd can be happy tucked neatly away in a corner, others love love love (or like like like) the limelight. Flashy clothing, mundane same ole same ole. Tats, no tats. Sports, politics, yes, no. Like, don't. Teeter, totter. Left lane on Interstate, close enough to see your ear hairs, ten miles over speed limit.... right hand lane, one and a half car lengths back per 10mph, ten miles under speed limit. New car, clunker. Car. Truck. Some even like bike.

Some even like 'like', and are attempting to get laws passed to wed. Hey, it's cool by me, who am I to force 'like' on others? (Don't you dare mention 'coc' Victor... ok, won't.)

Like seemingly is learned internally, handed down, rubbed off from others, and simply a response from our senses. I really liked the idea of writing this blog, now I ain't so sure. Are you like that?

That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh. I, selfishly, like to be liked. On the other hand, I know others that could give a rats. They like not caring, I guess. So, that's kinda bassackwards, but "I like not being liked." Whatever Howard. Oops. Slipped, sorry.

I'd like to go now. Gonna fetch my granddaughter, we're going to a breakfast buffet. I wonder what she'll like. Life is a buffet, kinda-sorta. That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh. Love'n like, Victurd

No comments: