Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yesterday,

All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Yesterday. Banana bomb pops from the ice cream man. Slip and slide with no worry about high water bills. A ‘one speed’ bicycle with a ball glove on the handlebars. Kick the can with practiced whisper voice. Freedom. Freedom to roam without worries, responsibilities.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

School. Buddies. Unpaced fun times. The Twin Drive In. The Koo Koo. A respect for the role models in our lives – be they our parents, our teachers, relatives, bosses at our first jobs..

Why she Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Eh, speaks to broken relationships. I loved yesterday, carry many very good memories. Yesterday is a scrapbook of the mind. Everything ends. Even incessant folk's orations.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

I see no reason to hide. I love today. I am at an age, whilst not deathly – aware. Aware the better parta my life is probably behind me… yesterday. So, whatthehey, live/love/enjoy/go/do.

Why she Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

We went over that already, but it’s kinda fun (for me anyways) to revisit past relationships.. First crushes, first loves, 8th grade sock hops, proms, courtwarmings, homecomings, first “you know”s, engagements, marriage(s)… to have shared a special moments/times in life, with a special person – cool. Thank you yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm.

Yesterday has made us who we are today. Life’s events have been poured into that big funnel – and we’re each somehow molded from that. I loved yesterday. Quite often, the brain steers to a certain moment, happening, event, from a certain yesterday day – and it makes the corners of my mouth turn up, smile, and sometimes tugs close to that damn crying moment.

I look way forward to tomorrow, simply to create, file, immerse, love, indulge, enjoy – and create, future yesterdays.

Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Victor