Saturday, June 25, 2011

Embrace…

A very spiffy word (to me anyways)… My first thought: a hug.. not naughtily, but platonically. A bit more emphatic if related, or mebbe longterm friendship involved – or perhaps accentuated by time, distance.

Ya gotta love a hug.. “Says” I love you, no matta what’s transpired. I love you, for WHAT has transpired. Even mebbe simply, I really love/like you as a person. It’s just a few seconds, but in those few seconds the mind focuses, the corners of the lips upturn – and ‘feel good’ is simply heightened.

Yeah yeah, sure, there’s that passionate embrace… at least I think I remember.. First hug at the Drive In theater (shortly followed by that baby peck)… that first real embrace on one’s wedding night.. Everyone DOES still ‘wait’ don’t they? Hehe. Victor, don’t laugh at ur own crap. Sorry, slipped.

That ‘naughty’ embrace…. Why do they call it naughty if it’s such a beautiful thing? Anyways, Dictionary.com or onea those sites I Googled told me embrace is even euphemistic for “you know what.”

Onea my favorite observances of embrace happened recently at a Royal’s baseball game.. Military dude, believed to be overseas, proposes on the HUMONGOUS scoreboard to his girlfriend.. and… well.. just watch it if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SsQ0cAI8Y&feature=player_embedded

I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t come back and finish reading this either, was/is kinda boring… as in “ahm, sorry Victor, I really didn’t embrace the idea.”

Embrace a candidate… an idea… a movement.. a hobby, a sport, a TV series, a culture, yada yada yada… lot to embrace over. Adopt, espouse, seize, comprise, cover, embody.. yeah baby…

Ain’t real sure who wrote it, but Pete Seeger and The Byrds, in 1966’s “Turn, Turn, Turn” sang: To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Embrace = hugs. Hello’s and goodbye’s, with a whole lotta feel good inbetween – but it romantic, platonic, blood kin, longtime friend, the “do you remember when we…” kind.. Hugs/embraces, are a very good thing.

Stolen: Don't fear change - embrace it (Anthony J D’Angelo)..; Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course (Shakespeare).. The older I get, the more I embrace my own idiosyncrasies (Brittany Murphy)… We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. (Kenji Miyazawa)..

I’m embracing your thought/idea that this is getting kind boring.

Nevertheless, embrace is a very, very good think. Oozes of passion, many types. May embraces very much be a part of your life…

Hugs…. Love, Victurd




No comments: