Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Much ado about nothing.. peed in the pool..... sorry, kinda.

The yearn to write, to me, is kinda like "Oh a beer would taste good now", or, "my Kingdom for a 300 cheeseburger", or, "I really don't have anything to say, but I'm gonna talk anyways." Sorry, kinda.

So.....  Whilst I could think of nothing to write about, I grabbed a beer, munched on a 300, and, am writing anyways.

About:

Nothing.  Nothing in particular.  Feel free to take the next exit if it doesn't appear to be your thing.

When texting, dependent upon my mood, I will (or will not) use correct punctuation.  My buddy Tom will recognize/understand "Id go if you wld.".. or, "Isnt he Bills friend?"  Then again, don't text as I do, text as I say 'cause I scrutinize every single one I receive for said punctuation, spelling errors.  Must be my id, Id like to know. (I do redfacedly admit to texting a very nice lady "Wanna play Scrable?  I'll kick your butt!" Geez)

Old age tells me, anywhere from 6 to 7 days before Uncle Sam's monthly SS direct deposit, something you need, breaks.  I just returned from Wally World with a new coffee maker.  Coffee is a need eh?  Last month it was the battery light on my car coming on.  Battery is a need yeah?  "Ahm, Mr. Schultze, I'm sorry, both your battery and your alternator are bad."  To the tune of almost $700.  40 years ago I woulda prolly cussed, ran to the bathroom, pretended to punch the sheet rock... now, I meekly replied "OK, do what ya gotta do."  Never understood those that actually do punch sheet rock, since there are studs spaced every 16-24".. Guess I was never a stud.

Op Ed.  To everyone who falls into the discrimination of Hispanics, vamanos.  We had a mass shooting in KC, KS.  4 killed, 9 total shot in a bar that is essentially a Hispanic hang out.  So..very..sad.  I had the pleasure of carrying mail for two years in this neighborhood and I'm here to relate the folks living there are among the happiest, friendliest, hardest working people I've ever witnessed and friended.  Yes, the neighborhood is not affluent.  Yet, during the NALC Stamp Out Hunger National Food Drive, these folks filled my vehicle THREE times.  I also got seedlings in terracotta pots, veggies from gardens, Christmas presents, thank you cards, and many, many a smile and warm greeting. F* discrimination.  Sorry, scroll to Id.

Speakinowhich, you know when you go in retail joints and they have a bowl fulla suckers?  Am I the only 66 yr old that delights in glee (and grabs one) when I see this?  Kudos to establishments that, on their own dime, basically say "Have a nice day."  Musta been hippies, or kids/grandkids of hippies.  I reckon 'nice' is learned.  And, mebbe excitedly grabbing one keeps one a kid at heart.

To all the girls I've loved before... no, that ain't it.  To all you single old farts like me:  (Victor, is this where you preach?  Mebbe, but I moreso consider it "talking to/reminding me, hitchhikers welcome")  A new goal of mine is to try to do one social thing a day.  Be it the gym, church, the library, etc., or, heaven help us, a Happy Hour.  Socializing is kinda like water... oxygen.. . or coffee.. or a battery, or an alternator - needed.

I am C+ when it comes to grammar.  Lotta words fool me.  Like, hitchhiker.  Why ain't it simply hitchiker?  Id know what it means. Or, granddaughter.  Bookkeeper.  A waste of ink, my opine.  Sapphire?  Big?  Bigger.. Biggest.  Hard to diggest.  Hehe.  Or, hehhee Id assume.

I was 8 years old and running with a dime in my hand.. In my hometown.. In my hometown.  Sing it Bruce.  I love my hometown.  You?  Businesses that have been here since Harry Truman was in office.  HUGE tree lined Historic District streets.  Cool, ever changing artwork on every corner on the Square.. Flowers, greenery, on each corner too.  Fall Festivals, Homecoming, Friday night lights, Little League, dance studios where kids do move, buddies with similar mems within a ten minute drive.  I ain't goin' nowhere. Unless, there is a 60-something, rich, divorced blonde that has a condo on The Gulf - or even Scottsdale would work.  Message me as I ain't really got anything planned until April 2020.

Tis that time of year. I fall into the category of "that grumpy old man never turns on his porch light at Halloween."  (Would that be porchhlight?  And why ain't it Hallowween?).. Anyways, I liken all parents who say "I would never eat any of my kids candy" to those that say "I ain't never peed in the pool."  Bonzi, you lie.  Now, as grandparents, it's considered a no no.  Forgive me Father, for I have peed in a pool - and I have an affinity for Milk Duds and Baby Snickers.  My take, I want my grandkids to have nice teeth!

This blog, if you could see from my view, has 21 words above that are underlined in red.  I tend to rebel on some things.  I wish I could meet whomever it is at Microsoft that wrote the rules, is the IT person behind the scenes that does the red-underlining and exclaims "Bailiff, whack his pee pee."  (Or would hat be Bailliff?).. Maybe Judy from Leave it to Beaver's class?  Assuredly, this person never went to prom.  Bitter.  Probably a former hall monitor too.  Like my old buddy Zeke I worked with at United Airlines.  Come time to clock out, he took a magic marker and emphatically wrote a BIG "X" on that specific calendar day, as if to say "Take that you SOB."  It ain't underlined, but shouldn't that be emphattically?  Or, emphaticcally?

Other quick diddies of nothingness, coupled with old age:  is it just me or do you ever get a song from an old TV show stuck in your head and you think for days about whatinthehell show it was from?... Do you too consistently make the same noise when you get up from the chair, or bed, or the squatter?  I am a pirate, mine is "Arrrrrr".  Yours?

Have you unfollowed someone on Facebook due to "I'm old, this person really gets on my nerves, I don't HAVE to do/see this?"  Liar.  You peed in the pool too didn't you?  I think someone (the Microsoft soup nazi, or Judy maybe?) should invent something that, when someone pees in a pool, the urine will turn a sparkly neon color so everyone in the pool would know.  Side note, country club where I work, they tell us to take the water sample from the deep end.  I take that to mean', "kids pee in the shallow end, false reading."  (Oh, except for you liars that say you've never peed in the pool.)

I'm out.  Sorry this was boring and really pretty nonsensical.  Boring and nonsensical kinda come with age I've noticed.

May you have a Happy day..  Unfollow "Judy's", spend ten minutes in line at the store buying twelve different kinds of lottery tickets (just to upset whippersnappers), go to drive up at Mickey D's during the lunch hour and respond "Can I have a minute to study the menu?"

Hug your grandDaughters and grandsons.  Remember their teeth.

Don't pee in the pool.

Love, Victurdd

No comments: