Wednesday, October 09, 2019

And we'll have fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy takes her T-Bird away......

Life, sometimes, is just boring.  Time to spiff the joint up.

Ideas? (I Googled)

"Shake up your morning routine"  and "please your palette." OK, so, my daily drive to McDonalds.  Insteada going the same, mundane, fastest way.... I drove under the ole' one-lane 'honk bridge'.  That's always fun.  Past "around this inexhaustible spring, Liberty was founded."  Do do do do, take you back.  And it did.  THEN, insteada ordering a Sausage Biscuit and Sausage McMuffin, I ordered a Sausage McMuffin and Sausage Biscuit.  Confused the hell outta Window #1's Shirley..  "It IS you" she exclaimed as I pulled up.

"Make a bucket list," and "Rearrange your furniture."  The suggestion was to 'move your armchair to where the sofa is, and vice versa.'   I'm too old for that.  So, instead, the first bucket list item was "To attend a Rolling Stones concert."  They were in Denver recently, but oh baby the tickets (and the altitude) were high. So.................  I went to Youtube, entered "Rolling Stones Live", turned my TV 180 degrees so it was facing the wall (Hey, the only tickets I saw I could afford were BEHIND the stage), cranked and pretended I was there, AND rearranged furniture - two birds, one stone.  Well, several Stones.  I had a blast...you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.

"Go on a scavenger hunt."  Cinchy.  First, I drove to Best Buy, my goal was to simultaneously watch the 33 TV's displayed and see how fast I could find 4 commercials that didn't have Patrick Mahomes in them.  Took awhile, but did it.  Over the new bridge to Wally World where the quest was to find 4 people older than me.  Again, took awhile, especially since they axed all the Greeters - but I eventually saw two, then went and sat on the bench by the pharmacy ("Excuse me ma'am, what year did you graduate?" - aha, a little over an hour.  Last trip/scavenge  To Dollar Tree.  Bought me a "Get well soon" mylar balloon, stood in line with 12 other people for the one cashier whilst 7 other DT employees silently stocked nearby for fear of hearing "Myrna, Register 2 please."... Road trip with balloon to find the very first roadkill i could find to attach the balloon to.  I was hoping it was a raccoon (long story, but you'd agree with me).. hoped it wouldn't be a squirrel cause the helium might bring it off the ground and toward Heaven, and hey, that ain't my call.  Maybe Bambi? It was a squirrel, but he was a fat one, hadn't been run'd over 12 times.  Swatted the flies away, tied the balloon - one scavenger hunt in the books!

"Cut a rug":

 Thus, grabbed my boombox, back to Dollar Tree to buy 15 D batteries from Myrna.. to the Rancho Grande where I played "Macarena" and danced away on the sidewalk in front.  Didn't see anyone I knew, but I wasn't worried, that's why I went and did this before they opened.

Down the parking lot to my personal bank.. Plopped the box down in the middle of the lobby, put in my favorite John, Paul, George and Ringo's "The best things in life are free, but you can keep them for the birds and the bees, Now give me money (that's what I want), now give me money (That's what I want.)" Teller Michelle kinda looked at me funny, but she knew from experience I like stupid jokes so she never dialed 911.

A real quick Fast Food array of 2-stepping (Mickey D's "you deserve a break today"...Pizza Hut "putt putt, the pizza hut".. and ah chihuahua Taco Bell for "Go to... taco taco taco taco taco taco Bell.'  I was gonna swing by Arbys "We have the meat" but I had the runs, so... home.

"Shake up your sex life."  Ahm.... next suggestion please.

"Do that one big thing.  Is there one big action you've been holding back on that could turn your life from boring to amazing?  Maybe it's a job change, a move, a proposal, a change of scenery, a new relationship in your life.  Whatever it is, take that first step. Action creates momentum, and momentum builds excitement."

With all that said, I took that first big step to the bathroom. (Remember?  I got the runs.)

This is maybe the worst blog ever, but it's kinda like Bill Self said after Snoop Dog shot dollar bills at KU players from an Adidas gun recently at their "Late Night at the Phog", "Even bad publicity is better than no publicity."

Thinking on my own, I watched CNN for 30 minutes (In Spanish), then, Fox News for 30 minutes (In French.)

Nap time.  Me no likey Dr. Laura, but I do like her "No go take on the day."

I'd love to hear how you spiff up life.  Call me, text me, message me, but gimme 42 minutes (average length of my naps.)

Happy day,

By Henry 'Spiff' Gibson

Love,  Victurds - pun mebbe intended

No comments: