Friday, October 18, 2019

Mice and Men... M&M's... Mahomes not home on the range......

The deer and the antelope are oblivious.

And the beat goes on............. or doesn't.

Screeching halt.  Words, reactions like OMG...   Holy mackerel..  or my personal fav "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"  (I wasn't a very good high school basketball shooter.  I think I played mainly because I hustled.  Our Coach, whenever I'd take a shot, hollered "NOOOOOOO!!!")

Life disruption.  Down goes Frazier.  Wally Pipp lost his job to some chump named Lou Gehrig.  Chicken Little reminds us the toast is burnt regarding our QB, the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Divorce.  Death.  Injury.  Affliction.  Much happens, or doesn't.  The end, usually, ain't great.

Cope can lead to hope or mope.   We're all different.  I'm unique, just like you.

I know of a lad, good guy.  Fun.  Divorce back in the 80's, maybe even the 90's, I don't recall.  Life, as he knew it, OVER.  Friends worried he would harm himself.

Whilst no one has solved "the chicken or the egg" question, history tells us Humpty was beyond repair.

Happy to report, this lad is the happiest I've ever seen him - with a great gal who's just as happy - life it be good.

So Victor, you're now divorced twice - been single since whenever the last divorce was (2005) - are you gonna head to the pulpit and tell us the tale again about life repair, duct tape and bailing wire?

Nope, ain't.  I'm here to observe.  Have fun.  People watch.  Then, open my big trap (keyboard). 
Chantilly lace and a pretty face, a pony tail, hanging down - that wiggle in the walk, and giggle in the talk, makes the world go round - there ain't nothing in the world like a big eyed girl, that makes me act so funny, make me spend my money, make me feel real loose like a long necked good...like a girl, OH BABY that's what I like.

Sorry, the song slipped out.  Felt it, dealt it.  My bad.

Life smacks us right in the face sometimes - we all respond differently.  Humpty took the omelette route, Pipp gave way to Gehrig (Lou then set the record for playing in 2,130 consecutive games), Pipp ultimately got traded.  Even sweet Lou - was smacked in the face.  ALS.  How'd he respond?  Certain you've heard his speech "For the past two weeks you have been reading about my bad break, yet, today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."

The late, great Buck O'Neil, denied the opportunity to play in the Major Leagues because of his color - with smile, related "I was right on time."

Some go the bottle. Otis.  Uncle Tom. (Uncle Tom was an actual uncle, had drinking problem, never knew his history or why, like Santa Claus clockwork, he showed up each and every Christmas, the only time we ever saw him.)  The guy with the beard that sits at the bar on "The Ranch."  Who knows their life interruption...


What is the name of the bird that can't land?  Emu?  Albatross?  Hell I dunno, but it's fun to watch the video of them trying to land.   Sad too. 

Edith Fore was credited as portraying Mrs. Fletcher.  Although a stunt person performed the fall itself, Fore said she created the "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" line while discussing the accident with LifeCall.

OMG.  Holy Mackerel. NOOOOOOOOO!

I've bored you with this before, but, it's my blog, my computer, my fingers that shout "People let me tell ya bout my best friend."  My mom.  Age 57, a massive stroke.  Her life smack in the face. Father as witness.  Life change.  This had a wonderful end.  (I'm of course, biased.)  Dad immediately quit his traveling sales job, got "D tags", used our alleyway to fix up and sell old clunkers, so they could eat, live and be happy. And they were.  Dad sang old showtunes as he cooked, cleaned.  Mom had her 'nest' (as dad called it.)  Newspapers, Kleenexes galore.  I have framed, and 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper, where, due to her stroke, had written completely on the right hand side "The secret to success is how you deal with plan B."  Far, frigging out.

Most...ok, all of us - go thru "I'm a chocolate mess" times.  Do we leave it on our hands and get it all over - or, do we wash it off and figure out how to make a candy that "Melts in your mouth, not our hands."

I love you, I'm sorry you've struggled.  We all struggle.  Sometimes we struggle ugly - which, reminds me of one of my alltime favorite quotes that has absolutely nothing to do with this blog.  Kareem Jabbar, in advance of coming to play the Kansas City Kings in basketball, would shout out to Sam Lacy, our center, "I'm coming to town and I'm gonna knock some of the ugly off your face."

Fly high, or jump off a small wall, we'll figure out the landing later.  Holler like Wally "Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today - look at me (Since Lou is now at first base) I can be, Centerfield.
Have an occasional beer.  A good cry.  Wade your toes in self pity as you cross the creek, but don't take up permanent residence there. Have an omelette.

By all means, smile.  Laugh, love.  Life goes on - it's our call how to respond.

"To The Outhouse" by Willie Makeit, better known as our backup QB Matt Moore. Mice and Men... M&M's... Moore & Mahomes. Will this melt in our mouth, or on our hands? Time, life will tell. 20 years from now, those of you that will still be alive will ask "Whatinthehell was the name of that guy that came in for Mahomes? Something or other Pipp wasn't it?

OMG.  Holy Mackerel. NOOOOOOOOO!

Love, Victurd

No comments: