Friday, May 13, 2016

Lane change………


As I drive to work – I’m a true wuss. Not even JJ Watt himself could unhinge my paws off the steering wheel. Nervous, I reckon. Old, too. I have noted, most traffic incidents are due to lane changes.

Almost saw a “good one” this morning. Three lane highway, cement truck in far right lane.. Speeding car in far left lane. Each, decided at same time “wouldn’t it be nice to be in the Center lane.” Thankfully, each saw the other at the same time – swerved back, shimmied – and there were no cars in their path back, thank God. Not always the case.

Day before. Made it into the big city where there lay (overturned) a U-Haul trailer being towed by a pickup. He’d tried to change lanes whilst going around a corner, the trailer had other idea, and now – as you drive past, it said lnɐɥ-n.

Rain, snow, nighttime for us old farts. There ain’t no seein’ lane change, so, ‘wooo-hoooo!’, we probably change lanes all the time and never know it!

Head-ons. Yuck. Disastrous lane changes. Who knows why… alcohol, health reasons, texting, inattention, yada.. never fun..

Listening to talk radio yesterday (mebbe THE best thing ever for me, my AM went out on my car, forcing me to listen to something besides sports).. they were talking about fat bias. Dude that worked at station, admittedly large, didn’t mind the bias, admitted it happens – but his take was “it’s more non-beauty bias.”

Continued to spiel about being at Wally World, ready to checkout – and even though lane #13 was longer, he ‘lane changed’ from #12 to where the checker was a beautiful person. Nomme. I damn near count items in checker-outers I might be behind, and I ‘lane change’ to the line that will get me out the damn door the faster.. checker with or without teeth, it no matter to me.

Radical Islamist, certainly a lane change somewhere there along the way. Transgendered, lane change? Perhaps, but most would say “I was in that lane all along.”

Many marriages, they have this lane of grass.. usually enclosed by some means, certainly measured by the taxation folks. Nearby on the other side of the fence, is another ‘lane’. Some take look on other side, then look back on their side. Do so again. Many stay in their lane, but some choose the (perceived) titillation of “if I lane change here, the grass appears to be greener.” If children involved, they obviously will have to continue changing North/South or East/West lanes – whilst either parent drives their own certain direction. Just my opine, selfish. Till death do us part, or, I might decide to make a lane change.

Religious zealot. Many/most have changed lanes……. Now on a full-speed-ahead path, but, attempt to force others who are not willing to change lanes. Interesting traffic, to say the least.

Bernie says – if he doesn’t make it – folks going to make a lane change to Trump. Eh, perhaps so. It’s been an interesting year.. Seems we’re either gonna get a female, or a male that’s never been in office – a definite lane change either way.

Instead of writing, thinking, talking on and on (and on).. gonna make lane change today and keep it short. I believe I kinda keep my convictions, thoughts, beliefs in the same lane – but too, am open to listen to any/all opines. I mean, hell, just the other day, age 63, I tried my first broccoli. Ya know what? It twerent bad!

Happy driving.. keep your eyes (and your mind) open. Love, Victurd

No comments: