Sunday, November 11, 2012

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of a mate (the 2nd, or 3rd time over)



Life, should come with instructions. (Pressing one for English, thanks)...

Sometimes it goes as smooth as a puck across a well powdered shuffleboard table... others, it's like trying to iron a porcupine.

I see a red door and I want it painted black. Fickle. We, are fickle. With apologies to long-term couples who "get it".... we formally married, formally dating, wanna date, usedta date, dating:

"This porridge is too hot!" It's just not there any longer. I've found someone else. You are: too big, too small, worry too much about money, don't have the same goals/aspirations.. Too old, too young.... our bucket list is not similar... Honest, I much prefer blonde, redhead, brunette, fairskin, darkskin, green/blue/brown/black/grey eyes.. "This porridge is too cold!"... You work too much.. need a better job... need a job. You don't bring me flowers - any more.. All you think about is sex. You NEVER wanna be intimate any more..

"The older I get, the pickier I get." "Yeah but....".. 'Yes, I'd love to proceed, but I remember what happened in the last relationship" ... "This chair is too big!".. "You live (there), and I live (here)".. We're not the same age/type.. I'm just not sure the "oh baby" is there.

Sure, we had fun, but.... starting allover... again? I dunno...

There is semblance between dating, and resume's (and yes, whilst old age dating is 'resuming' and that GD word (resume') means two things, I'm talking the prettied up paper for job-hunting). .. When young, eye's wide open, Carly Simon's "Anticipation", gussied up, heart palpitations for each... when older: we could give a rat's ass about resume's.. . "Why should eyes wide open, anticipation, gussied, palpitations happen... it's like meat in the freezer, you know it's not forever.. "

"Advanced dating", considering marriage... at an older age... can be kinda like fearing water 'cause you once almost drowned. Freezing up in commute due to the GD tail-gater, 'cause the last rear-ender is still fresh on your brain... re-living, re-hearing after-the-fact 'advice' --> "I told you so"...

"Someone's been sleeping in my bed", and there ain't no way I'm gonna do that shit again.

All that said.. I actually had a pretty nice time tonight. I wish written instructions came with life. Anyone seen Goldilocks?

Victor, you've got a big mouth..... I know. Sorry.

Love, Victurd.

No comments: