Thursday, July 07, 2011

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Color me a simpleton. A dog’s tail wagging. Hugs. Pecks. Strawberries & Cream Cheese.. Peanut butter and banana sandwhich.. The beginning of a Rolling Stones song.. The Pledge of Allegiance with hand on heart..

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Acapella’s that I’m envious/thankful for hearing.. Friends.. Cold beer in a glass.. Laughing so hard u must cover orifices before something leaks out.. Puppy breath.. Waking up.. Going to bed.. A full gas gauge.. Facebook.. Email..

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

Family, loved ones. MY GRANDDAUGHTER. . VICTOR, NO!!  walking behind a lady with a fantastic derriere. .. Cuckoo clocks.. Walking into the AC on a 90+ day.. Walking into the warm home on a sub-zero day.. dresses.. gals that do their hair up cool and in different ways..

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

My best friend Sanford.. The Mill (you’d haveta see it).. The peaceful noise of a river/stream.. Watching two in love.. determination on a kid’s face.. Writing.. Did I mention women?..

I simply remember my favorite things – and then I don’t feel so bad..

Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice reading..that was one of my sister's fav songs and movies and she died two years ago so it reminds me of her. it makes me think about what hers would have been and what mine are--