Sunday, May 01, 2011

Green eggs and ham......

Oh Dr. Suess... ya gotta love Dr. Suess... (Well, ya ain't gotta, but I do)...

Of course – sure, The Cat in the Hat... Green eggs and ham.. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.. How the Grinch Stole Christmas...

But too... his quotes...

Was looking thru female profiles on this online dating site..(YOU VICTOR? SURELY NOT?... yeah... sorry... habit).. and one gal had one that really struck home with me:

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

I LOVE THIS! Whilst I honestly abhor incessant talkers – I view writing/reading differently. I'll write what I want, when I want – ya ain't gotta read it. But.. with incessant speech, you're trapped, PATOOEY, fingernails on the chalkboard to my ears!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” Are you kidding me? A CHILDREN'S BOOK WRITER? FARM OUT.

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” I think I remember this feeling, and I think I really liked it, and I think he, this children's book writer, is “write” on.

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.” Ok, mebbe kid-talk kinda-sorta, but... OUTLOOK too. Chin up, had/have fun... s'more is comin'...

“A person's a person, no matter how small.” Me thinks he doesn't exclusively mean kiddos here... Ride on Doc – thanks, and we will value everyone...

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try.” ie, “ya got it inya – don't think you don't.”

“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.” So very basic. Live a little. “Shouldn't” shouldn't be in your vocabulary. Oops. Venture. Go. Live. (And remember, this guy wrote kid's books!)

“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!” Amen Brother Ben. Didn't teach nifty stuff like this in school. Never imagined it could be true. To that, he adds:

“You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?” I guess he means “like ourselves.” Heavy, and sometimes can be hard – but also so very true – we should like ourselves and lighten the load we place upon ourselves.

“From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.” Sure, goofy – colored pics in a book with stories... But me thinky he say “look... have fun... enjoy... lighten up... laugh... enjoy... smile...allow humor to sneak into your world!”

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.” YEP. This one has ME written allover it. Some dislike, and that's ok, scroll to first quote!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.” Not only for the young, but for the meek, the timid, for us all...

And finally, about finding fun from here to there, there to here: “If I were invited to a dinner party with my characters, I wouldn't show up!”

Dr. Suess – even though you're no longer among the living, you will live forever. Thanks for being so much more than “just a children's book writer.” We've all learned from you. Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Copper2000 said...

I simply adore it! Thank you for brightening my dreary, rainy Sunday evening!

Peace!