Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Replacement........

Usedta could run, even hop a hurdle....... Now I stumble, on something called Wordle

Oh to be young, we all had that power........ Now, we take baby steps, in and outta the shower...

Twas fun to 'get up for the game', thought we'd never lose...... Now, we sleep through it, hitting snooze and snooze....

Run to the store, actually meant 'running to the store'.... Now, park as close as we can, can't takes it no more....

Hey, do ya wanna....... Nah, thanks though, not gonna.....

But..but.. but, we could go...  Eh, mebbe tomorrow, ya know.

Haircut, new outfit, pick me, pick me, I'm a good hire!   Now, the only energy we gots, is bitching 'bout the bill from Spire.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go.. Downtown..   Petula, thanks. I'm old now, you're 89, we MIGHT later take the OATS bus, sorry if that makes you frown.

Hey, this Friday - The Sock Hop!  We'll dance to 'do-wa-dooo'...... Hell, I hop putting on my undies, staying home if it's all the same to you....

Money's tight.. maybe a part-time job?    GREAT IDEA, but wait, can't find my fob.

Now we're together nearly every single day, singin 'Do wah diddy dum diddy do'.....   A-we're so happy, pee alot, and that's how we're gonna stay, drinking coffee, prune juice, eating probiotics just a hopin' we'll doo too.

Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet, singin' 'Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do', She looked good (Looked good).. She looked fine (Looked fine)... She looked good, she looked fine, ain't seen my glasses in three months, and I've nearly lost my mind...

Before I knew it she was walkin' next to me, singin' 'Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do', holding my hand shakin' xactly like me... singing'Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do'..  we walked on.. (Walked on).. to my door (My door).. We walked on to my door, then we kissed a little more...  tennis ball caught in a crack, now we're both a layin' on the floor...

Whoa-oh, I knew we was falling (in love too).. Yes, I did.. And so I told her all the things I'd been dreamin' of......

Arizona or Florida?   Geritol or Ensure?... Cemetery plots or Extra Crispy?...  

A-we're so happy and that's how we're gonna stay, singin' 'Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do', well I'm hers, (I'm hers), She's mine (she's mine), I'm hers, she's mine, Wedding bells are gonna chime.....oh Hell No but can't think of a rhyme.

And then she mentioned, "Were you aware elks have sex 6 times a day?"  "HOLY CRAP, and I just joined Knights of Columbus" - so, instead, we've decided on 'try weakly'.  Singin ''Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do' we'll look for those parts and see if they still move.....

Victor, this is dumb, tiresome, nonsensical......

Just like old age eh?

No comments: