Friday, March 03, 2017

The thrill of victory……..


Da' agony of da' feet……..

Shoe fly don’t bother me….. shoe fly don’t bother me. Ok, Ok, I know that ain’t the way shoo fly don’t bother me is spelled, but today’s blog (or ‘clog’) is about shoes – so put a sock in it!

There’s Shoe Sensation, Nike Shoe, Adidas Shoe, Payless Shoe, Bakers Shoe, Shoe Carnival, The Shoe Shoe Train, Skip to My Lou Shoe, Tippy Toes Shoe Store, And1, Asics, BOC, Bare Traps, Bass, Bates, Columbia, Converse, Crocs, Dockers, Dr. Scholl’s, Florsheim….. VICTOR? ALRIGHT ALREADY.. we get the idea!

I’ve always wondered (you chickies) what comes off first after a hard day at work.. the bra or the shoes? That feel you get when the shoes come off – yum. Soothing. I’ll just sneak into these house shoes.. prrrrrrrr…

Weird stuff.. All true (so says Wiki, Google, Bing.. one of ‘em, I forgot).. Men were the first people to wear heels (10th Century)… Sneakers got their name because their rubber soles do not make noise.. Your salary might determine the type of shoe you wear (According to Beso.com poll, whoeverinthehellthatis: 71% of women polled who make less than $40K NEVER wear heels.. 21% of those making over $150,000 wear heels EVERY day.) Audrey Hepburn brought loafers into style in the 1957 film Funny Face. In the 1940’s, due to economic sanctions against Italy, they could no longer purchase steel for the traditional heels – SO, Salvatore Ferragamo invented the Wedge Shoe.

The boots Neil Armstrong walked on the moon with are still floating around in space. Fifteen % of women own over 30 pairs of shoes. It is illegal to walk down the streets in Maine with your shoes untied. In North Dakota, it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on. Most expensive shoes: Ruby Slippers from House of Harry Winston - $3000. (“Put your hands in the air and take off your shoes!”) The average person walks 2,000 miles a year. Not wearing socks makes your shoes smell, at least someone mentioned that to me.

A couple of my buddies, mid ‘fun argument’ tried some one-upping. I vote that the guy that won – he stole EVERY right shoe the other guy owned (temporarily anyways).. the poor guy had to get his golf shoes outta the truck to wear to work the next day….

“If the shoe fits, it’s too expensive” Adrienne Gusoff… “The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents” John J Plomp… “I DID NOT have 3,000 pairs of shoes.. I had one thousand and sixty” Imelda Marcos.

Take your shoes off at the door. Get your shoes off that couch. If the shoe fits. No tennis shoes, no PE today. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn’t have become a princess, so never look back. Don’t act your age, act your shoe size, forever young. Me without you is like a shoe with no laces. Shoe is on the other foot. An old shoe. Fill someone’s shoes. Shoestring budget. Wait for the other shoe to drop. Shaking in my shoes.

Ok, I think I’ll exit stage left before I stick my shoe in my mouth.

A little ditty (about Jack and Diane’s shoes?).. No.. a little ditty about shoes: (I write to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome).. always remember it’s impossible to walk in another’s shoes.. or to know what’s going on in their world. So keep it simple, be nice – and smile.

Lace up those friendships.. show a little sole.. and don’t be a heel or a loafer.

Love, Victurd

No comments: