Friday, April 22, 2016

Someone's knockin' at the door...

Do you let friends in?

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in

Nuh uh, don’t mean ‘opening the door’, I mean do you let friends in to be very very close to you?
Not certain I really do. Not really certain I know why. I make all this talk about feel, emotion, deep – but then I can ‘cover up’ like onea them roly poly bugs..

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in, yeah, let 'em in

Prince, RIP. Described this morning on the news as “painfully introverted.” I write too damn much here, so I don’t think I’m necessarily introverted. I think sometimes I don’t let people in (intimately) so it won’t hurt so much should they ‘go’. You?

Sister Suzie, brother John
Martin Luther, Phil and Don
Brother Michael, auntie Gin
Open the door and let 'em in, yeah

I do have a BFF, since childhood. While we’re still, and always will be very close – marriage(s), kids, grandkids, work – stuff like that have gotten in the way – so it’s different… but, still the same closeness/appreciation whenever we do catch up. Just like yesterday (another Beatle's song, ha!)

Sister Suzie, brother John
Martin Luther, Phil and Don
Uncle Ernie, auntie Gin
Open the door and let 'em in, yeah

I so admire certain friends, relatives that have multiple close, lifelong friends. The "drop everything I'll be there in a sec" kinda friends. I too believe I do, but not sure I don’t occasionally roly poly in certain areas.

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in, ooh yeah, let 'em in

I do cry at funerals. I cry (inside) when I hurt. I cry when I see others hurt. When it’s all said and done, maybe I actually do let them in. You?

Sister Suzie, brother John
Martin Luther, Phil and Don
Uncle Earnie, uncle Lin
Open the door and let 'em in, yeah

Life’s a shell game… I guess.. Where we look around, look for friends.. Should we, do we, open the door?

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door and let 'em in, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Love, Victurd



No comments: