Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Slow down, you move too fast

You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

Life’s a garden, dig it. Life goes fast, remember/enjoy it. With all the hustle/bustle of November 2016 elections, ISIS, Immigration, refugees, global warming, healthcare costs, yada – I thought it’d be nice to close ones eyes for a sec and simply ‘remember good’.

So I did so. One recent feel good was simply that, closing my eyes and remembering yesteryear.. painting my youth’s Big Screen on the insides of my eyelids. Performers were parents, sister, grandparents, extended family, friends, coworkers, the gamut of folks who’ve wondered in/out of my life.

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

Can I be a witness? Song for another day – but, things I’ve recently witnessed making me feel groovy: a crowd of 70, 80-somethings bouncing to the beat of Big Band era songs. Their yesterday returned as well. A baby’s first steps. A dog at play. 70 degrees in February. Four friends in the pasture of the golf course.

I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy

The autistic student manager of a high school basketball team, inserted in the lineup of a ‘real’ game – he sinking a 3 pointer, mobbed by teammates, classmates. Glee. The chicken runs at midnight (long story, teared me up in a feel good way).. The sights/sounds of baseball – a reminder life is cyclical – and for all the yuck we ‘drive thru’, feeling groovy is sure to happen soon.

Life I love you, all is groovy. Love, Victurd.

No comments: