Saturday, January 17, 2015

Short one....

Mind out of gutter.

It ain't Thanksgiving, but I've been called a turkey in many months of the year.

Why not say "thanks" in January too?

I am thankful for the health of my friends and family. I thankful that people care, and that I care about people.

I am thankful for the seen, and unseen harmony in a world of difference. I am thankful that for every God awful story on the news, there are millions of awfully good things happening as well.

I am thankful for the ability to smile and I praise the impetus for me doing so. I am thankful for your smiles, for so frequently they are that impetus.

I enjoy good amongst strangers, and feel good amongst friends/loved ones.

I am thankful for the basic drab colors of winter - and the excitement that lends to the upcoming Spring.

I am thankful for fellow coworkers, and I feel badly for those recently let go, for there's not a one of you I wouldn't have on my payroll were I calling the shots. I feel confident of folks landing on their feet, and I believe in blessings in disguise.

I am thankful for my abilities to walk, talk, see, hear, control my arms/legs, fend for myself. Those that can't, I marvel at your strength, courage, and your choice "hey, life is good."

I am thankful for the ability to cry - for it means I've been touched. I am thankful for touching and being touched - for it's a gift of love.

I am thankful for love in all fashions... be it person, sport, politics, philanthropy, whatever the endeavor.

I am thankful for reminders of those loved, but no longer here.

I am thankful for memories, present happenings, and the zest for tomorrow.

I am thankful that I have the ability to look in the mirror, see my "too big gut", the everpresent wrinkles - to deduct "damn, it's been a fun ride getting here."

I am thankful for hope, today and tomorrow. I am thankful for life, even in those moments "the shocks don't absorb", "the struts don't feel like strutting", and when life's path offers need for an "alignment."

No. It ain't perfect, but it's perfect for me, and I hope for you as well.

Love, Victurd.

No comments: