Sunday, July 15, 2012

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Black and white TV. Biked everywhere. Going to school, actually fun, looked forward to it. "Who's in my class?". "Mom, we gotta go to Mattingly's to get supplies"..

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

The greatest musical era ever, hands down. You can find 12 local radio stations today still playing music from our time. Many remakes, sorry, just ain't the same. Fun too, to observe a young'n, listening to music from our era, bouncing a bit. The best era. WHB. 40 Star survey.

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Brown eggs from granny's chicken coop. Brownies. Brown can. Brown spots....

Weekly Reader. Library. Books online. Whereinthehell are my readers, by God, I've got seven $1 pairs?

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

Being taken care of as a child. Having, taking care of children. Doting, spoiling, grandchildren. Taking care of parents who for so very many years took care of us. Swallowing pride, getting help from our children.

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Cloth diapers. Wash rags. Disposables. Wipes. Depends.

"Smooching".. hormone crazed. "The one." "Not now, the kids are awake." Tri-weekly. Tubal ligation/vasectomy. Try weakly. Blue pills. (VICTOR! Speak for yourself!).. Ahm.. I was.

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

Goals. First job. Composing a resume. Struggling thru the 'this'll get me there' positions. Bottom of the totem pole. Asprirations, intentions, destinations. Ho hum.
Damn, the alarm went off.. is it really Monday?.. Finally reaching that point, I will never frigging prepare a resume again.

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

Beggs. Breipohl. Woodys. Trails Inn. Safeway. Kroger. Schoellers. The Kuu Kuu. Hallisey's. Bedingers. Brants. Eisens (sp?). Mace. Co-op. Duncan Oil. Phil's.. . Chief's training camp. Bud's pool hall. Shelby's. TG&Y. Freverts. Kramers. Boggess. Then, big change.

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

I know I've written this before, but, if you've noticed, I repeat myself. Yes, I repeat my self. To me, one of the niftiest, strangest, coolest, weirdest, most bizarre things is - if someone had sat you down back in high school, and related (perfectly) "now here is exacly how the next 40-some years of your life are going to go" I very much woulda protested, refused to believe, been in disbelief.

Class of 1970 (and, I think I can safely invite anyone that hang with our group from that era)... 7pm.. October 6th.. 1404 Canterbury​ Lane (Home of Betty/Denny (Reppert) Anderson. We'll gather and talk about this generation. A generic 60th birthday party. Come one, come all.

People try to put us down.... I've blabbed. I'm still playing softball, which is fancy for: bat in the lineup, catch one inning every two games. A few weeks back, we had plenty of players - so, I sat out, watched both games from our little "nest" beyond the right field fence. Young man, teammate, 24-ish.. had hurt his back.. sitting out too.. as he got up once, he spouted "Damn, I walk like a 60 year old man." Yes, I wanted to smack him, but I said nothing, and giggled internally.

People try to put us down. Talkin' bout my generation.

Hope to see you 10/6/2012. Victurd.

No comments: