Saturday, May 09, 2009

"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you

We don't need no education
We dont need no thought control

Well, yes and no. We do need education – of course if you wanna get ahead (or hell, nowadays keep up/stay afloat) – u need formal education. Life is an education though. We’ve all seen ‘em, those that aren’t book smart but are worldy smart. Control is an evil word, to me anyways.

No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!

Been many a year, but yes, seen the piercing hurt of sarcasm upon a youth – not a good thing. Many a good teacher, but yes too, those that should leave them kids alone.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Our lives are like a brick building. We build it up, clean it up, show it off, live in it, tear it partially down, leave it unattended,abuse it, let the dust gather – ultimately, with death comes the demise of the building. Had a friend one time from a very wealthy family – his folks deceased – and that money spent. Had a building named after him in Downtown Kansas City. One day, whilst bemoaning his current financial situation I said “hell ________, you’ve got a building named after you.” “Vic, you can’t eat brick.” No, I guess you can’t.

I ain’t so much worried about the physical building I live in. Probably why I’m still single. I am attending to “my own building” working out damn near every day… Fit as a fid… not completely to the fiddle part.

With every brick in a wall comes insignificance… however, the building, foundation, appearance, temperature, everything, are affected if onea those bricks is suddenly gone. Could be a worker leaving your company, a loved one’s passing – a friend moving…

Life is fleeting, the brick building is ever changing. I like the mortar of life. There are some bricks, I will admit, I’m glad they’re on the 5th floor, and I’m on the 2nd. I too think I’d prefer the South side as a brick. The East thinks they’re all that, the West is too GD hustle-bustle, the North is too damn cold.. the South fits. Fit as a fid.

The hell you going with this Victor? I ain’t real sure. Just kinda standing back away from “me”.. away from ‘now’ – to try and take a look at the big picture. The bond. The concrete. The individual bricks. The work. The teamwork. The comeraderie that all make up a life… brick by brick. Tis a good thing you know, reckon if we let it be. Funny. There’s no “I” in team, but there is in ‘brick’, in ‘building’ and in ‘life’. Reckon that’s ‘cause we’re there.

Of course one has to think of one’s self, and it’s ok to. Roughshod otherwise. We’ll get runned over. Strong, like a brick. Stand up for one’s self – if the other brick is worth even arguing with. Some are as hardheaded as a brick. Some as lazy as a brick. Some as warm as a brick paver on a sunny day. Some cold. All kindsa bricks. All colors too. Shapes, sizes.

Reminded me – my grandfather made his living at the Brick Factory. His role was to wheelbarrow the bricks from the plant to the train. And kids nowadays got it rough eh?

Have fun in your building. Visit many floors. Say ‘hey’ to all, unless you don’t wanna say hey to that one on the 5th floor. Hope u and ur friends have wonderful mortar.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

pandoraskey said...

Funny how you mention this, it would have never came to me in the over played song we all know. In digging around the yard of this old house I have the luxury to call home, I have found a brick-a weathered red that is now seeing the light of day again. not much to it, and franlky there is only 3/4 left. I'm going to put it on a chunk of wood, frame it, mark it as a self portrait and hang the ugly thing on my wall :D Great writing Victurd!-lol.