Sunday, July 07, 2013

Anticipation.....

"Waitin', waitin', waitin' for the Bluejays" (oh does that bring back memories.. locker room of the ole Liberty High School.. waiting to go up to play a basketball game... we was "pumped up higher than a 5 hour energy drink' before 5 hour energy drinks were cool! Yes, aware wrong 'tense' on 'was', sometimes, things done here on porpoise.

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway, yay
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day

Nah, this ain't about girl/boy, it's about anticipation. Tomorrow. Will the sun come out as that little redhead squeaked? Sixty, ya think of seventy, which is odd, because 10 ya never thought of 20.. 20/30, 30/40.. etc..

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

190,000 mile car. Know I'll have to have another.. anticipatin' what kind. Also, checkenginelight, what will be the next purchase at Advance Auto, the corner mechanic shop, tire, fix it item.

Next time something said that doesn't sound so good to the ears... will we blurt/regret/show our ass, or... suck it in.. .think inwardly "man, I'm glad I'm not you." Patience hopefully looms large in reactions to anticipated actions.

And I tell you how easy it feels to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I, I rehearsed those lines just late last night
When I was thinkin' about how right tonight might be

I've given up on 'that kind' of anticipation. Figure, if it happens, happens. If it doesn't, I'm cool. I much prefer being side-swiped, coming from leftfield. Hook, line, sinker. I anticipate, if it happens, I'll fall much to GD (easily) as the past has registered.

Waking up. How will this day turnout? Sure, we play a huge role in that determiner.. but I'm more intrigued by the folks around me.. the things they do/say... the eye candy (mind outta gutter, not what I mean) life affords.

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

Christmas. Grandkids next "omg that's the cutest little turd on the planet' action. A grandchild's first step - and oh how I wanna be there. What words will be learned, uttered next?

The Chiefs? The Royal's record in August? The January 2014 company fiscal report on 2013.. Anticipation is the thirst for tomorrow, and the reminder to keep our eyes, ears wide open, and the corner of our mouths up.

And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways
So I'll try and see into your eyes right now
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days

Eyes, no, not necessarily girl/boy eyes.. reaction.. reading... enjoying happy looks,
winging sympathetic looks back at down/sad looks.

(These are the good old days)
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
(These are the good old days)
(These are the good old days)
(These are the good old days)
(These are.....the good old days)

All along, I've said "One of the most amazing things to me, had you sat me down in High School and said 'Vic, now here's exactly how the next 42 years of your life are going to go' I woulda told you that you are nuts." Didn't anticipate this/that, but oh how many fun, deep wrinkles I've gotten from those good times, friends, relatives, loves.

Sunny sky the other day, BEAUTIFUL. Stopped by Happy Hour.. (NO Victor, not YOU!) Haha... Buddy at stool next to me says "welll..will you look at that rain?" Top down. Hadn't anticipated that.

Weather. Summers. Winters. Being 65. Walking in ten years, the good Lord willing. Flashforward to a grandkid's first day of school, little league game.

Pardon me boys (and girls), I so love life/anticipation. Bucket list diddys actually accomplished?

Victor, be a fountain, not a drain. The sun'll come out, tomorrow. Anticipation is keeping me waiting.....

With baited breath. Happy day, love Victurd.


1 comment:

Sandra said...

Well Victor I thought you must have given up on the blog..You didn't write for awhile, missed your stories.. I am not sure where Liberty, MO is? I checked your POF account and wasn't sure you would get my message, cause wasn't sure you checked it out anymore because of your Blog..I don't know to much about blogs, I would be interested in chating with you if you are..Don't know if you are seeing anyone else, and if you are that is great and I'm happy you found someone, but I don't know how to go about getting in touch with you.. Like I said before I like your humor, and your love of family is amazing..beautiful grandkids, and you love of life in general. I guess if you are interested you could show or tell me how to get in touch with you..Otherwise keep up with the blog, it seems to be a release of sorts the way you get your thoughts out on paper. I'll comment again sometime, have a wonderful day, you seem to enjoy life to the fullest and that in itself is marvelous, enjoy..Sandra.