Thursday, April 18, 2013

Now I lay me down to sleep,



I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.

Tumultuous week. "WHY?"... "OMFG!"... "NOOOOOOO!"... "WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?"

Begs to one day be able to state "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" (in a POSITIVE way, from a breathtaking, happy, celebratory event, happening)....

Tragedy only festers "I'm going 60 in 55 mph zone, will you get the hell off my ass"... "But boss, we've had an incredible year... WHY impose these piddly ass rules NOW?" 4/15/2013. Uncle Sam? REALLY?

Malady... The urge to slam on the brakes.......... walk.......walk sheepishly to HR with "can u put annuder fitty a pay period towards Federal".. are fortunately eased by music. ('specially if you're an old [single] fart like me, I highly recommend it as 'replacement, fill in the blank, time passer, mood easer' for whatshername, whatshisname...)

Now I lay me down sleep... in an hour and a half......... With all the 'ends' unfortunately brought this week.. thought.. "hmmm.. what would be, if asked, the last ten songs I would wanna listen to be?"....

I am certain the list would change from night to night, week to week... but tonight's list included Chapman, Petty, Cash, Clapton, Russell, Beatles, Stones, Zevon, Cline, Isley Brothers (and one by one, I cranked, 'felt')

Music heals. Music soothes. Music brings out lost feel. Music, for our diversity, is like opening the fridge and choosing. Eases... happify's, if that ain't a word, should be... tape, to hold days together... tonic, to recalling past happy times... an eiixer, reminder - life is pretty good.

(And today's Peanut Butter Parfait was topped off with hugs/loves from the grandbabies)

Love, Victurd

No comments: