Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eye can see clearly now….

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

Four years ago… eye docs office.. I’ve told this before, apologies. As one ages, they repeat things. I’ve told this before, apologies.

Four years ago, eye docs office… 30 minutes of close scrutinizing into my eyeballs. (My first EVER trip to eye doc)… Finally… “how old are you?”.. “Fitty-four”…. “You’ve got cataracts in both eyes.”… so, surgery, awesome results… one ‘fake lens’ the UP CLOSE kind.. ONE, the distance KIND. I threw away literally 7 pairs of Dollar Store “readers”, HELLO newspaper, HELLO PC, I CAN SEE YOU AGAIN, as in miracle.

Today, Wiki’ed “problems after cataract surgery.” Sometimes they come back, I found. Oh shit. Eyesight is precious. Wonderful. A gift. I don’t wanna lose it. That got me to thinking, what else in life don’t I ever wanna be without?

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin - for
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

I don’t wanna be without those 4 little fingers and thumb that wrap around ONE knuckle and melt my heart like no other gal EVER has. (My 4 month old granddaughter Aubrie).. and of course, son, Mika, and for that matter – all my kin…

Look all around, there’s nothin -but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin -but blue skies

Coffee… That cig that simply tastes the best. Music. Baseball (Ray).. The Chiefs.. my buddies… Softball (Scroll to “oh shit, surgery again”).. laughter, banter, tease.. email… Facebook… people my age… people younger, and God Bless – people older….

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)

Heat in the winter, fan in the summer (ok, sometimes the AC, mostly fan.. .could live without AC).. My car… The News on TV (Victor, this is getting boring)… A sense of humor… picking out a beloved coworker or a friend and winging a compliment about them infronta as large a crowd as I can muster – cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE good people feeling good about themselves.

Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers (Beggars/choosers, the bowling alley “300 burger”… to die for)… Memories of yesterday… Simple stuff that looms SO large: smiles.. meeting face to face with a recognized one, and that smile (or “hey”) that follows… forwarding an email that ‘bout made me pee my pants in laughter.. Keeping/knowing the revelation “some folks just don’t enjoy life” THUS IMMERSE YOURSELF IN/WITH/LOVE THE ONES THAT DO. I swear smiles light walkways.

Choice. Opting here for choosing good, as in “life is pretty damn good.” I wanna hang, rub shoulders, befriend, KEEP as friend, those that choose thataway.

I… me… me of the 1.65 Maryville first year of college GPA… the C-/D+ guy from Karston’s 7th grade science class.. the feller whose perhaps best friggin SIX years of my life were in the undergraduate world, AM A SIMPLETON. That said, little things seemingly (and do) loom large.

Eye can see clearly now. (And hope to even better after eyeball surgery numero dos.) Keep loving life – I do, love Victurd.

No comments: